Sabres trade Asplund for 7th rounder and PU Greenway from Wild

Buffalo Rick

I liked Asplund but understand the trade.  Wish him well.  I do not know any about this Greenway fella except he is a big boy.  6’6’’ and Adams said he will make his presence felt.  A he is a grind it out, take their heads off type.  

In other news, Dahlin might be ready today and that is very good news for us if he plays.  Tampa comes in licking their wounds like us after not only being routed by Pittsburgh but then getting beat by them again. Thanks for nothing Cooper.  Sure we got blown out giving up 7 like them, but at least we lost to the best team currently in Boston.  I would expect to see Anderson in goal and let Luuk watch. Why couldn’t Adams get us a damn goalie!?

Edited by Hockey Junkie

• Buffalo Rick changed the title to Sabres trade Asplund for 7th rounder and PU Greenway from Wild
14 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I liked Asplund but understand the trade.  Wish him well.  I do not know any about this Greenway fella except he is a big boy.  6’6’’ and Adams said he will make his presence felt.  A he is a grind it out, take their heads off type.  

In other news, Dahlin might be ready today and that is very good news for us if he plays.  Tampa comes in licking their wounds like us after not only being routed by Pittsburgh but then getting beat by them again. Thanks for nothing Cooper.  Sure we got blown out giving up 7 like them, but at least we lost to the best team currently in Boston.  I would expect to see Anderson in goal and let Luuk watch. Why couldn’t Adams get us a damn goalie!?

Minnesota Wild had high hopes that Jordan Greenway would be your prototypical heavy hitting, top 9 winger.
He only partially lived up to that with them.

Good season last year, but this year not so much offensively.
Physically, WHEN HE WANTS TO, he can hit and be a terror along the boards.
But oftentimes, for whatever reason, he plays BELOW his size!

Your Sabres are becoming a bit of a physical team overall....perhaps some of that rubs off full time on Greenway.
If he can use his size regularly, and chips in goals from the bottom six for ya, you'll have a decent winger....otherwise, he will just be a big body with a history of injuries who may as well be 5'9 and 170.

21 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Minnesota Wild had high hopes that Jordan Greenway would be your prototypical heavy hitting, top 9 winger.
He only partially lived up to that with them.

Good season last year, but this year not so much offensively.
Physically, WHEN HE WANTS TO, he can hit and be a terror along the boards.
But oftentimes, for whatever reason, he plays BELOW his size!

Your Sabres are becoming a bit of a physical team overall....perhaps some of that rubs off full time on Greenway.
If he can use his size regularly, and chips in goals from the bottom six for ya, you'll have a decent winger....otherwise, he will just be a big body with a history of injuries who may as well be 5'9 and 170.

If he doesn’t do his job, Granato will not put up with him long.  I respect Granato family, great hockey family.  Think so far he is doing as good as can be done.  Can’t say same for Adams but there is finally some light at end of tunnel.