Flyers @ Devils

Guest doom88

4-1 Final. Bob loses. Two PPGs, a misplayed 2 on 1 from Grossman not covering the passing lane, and a blown coverage (Carle I think) allowing Kovalchuk of all guys alone in the slot. While Bob did make some good saves, I wonder if he could have gotten maybe one of those PPGs? There were some pinpoint goals picking the corners, but sheesh. I still wish Bob well, just sucks to see him eat a loss like that.

Which begs the question...if the Flyers lose in NJ, but no one was there to see it, did it really happen? Way to show up NJ fans.

I thought Bob did a good job with rebounds over the entire game. I actually said that I thought Bob was still faster laterally and better at controlling rebounds than Bryz.

Unfortunately, you're right, the team came out flat overall. One goal scored in the last two games (one OT). Not good enough. Maybe it was the two road games (~500 mi travel) with 23 hrs difference between start times thanks to daylight savings time.

Well, hopefully the Flyers faithful cheer Bryz on for the rematch on Tuesday. Maybe the Flyers can impose their will at home? That would be a nice change.

Seemed like a lack of energy to night....some bad penalties, and Bob gave up some juicy rebounds as well. They will be ready to play them again in Philly on Tuesday.

19 shots on goal for the Flyers? Doesn't sound like a very good effort.

Which begs the question...if the Flyers lose in NJ, but no one was there to see it, did it really happen?

I was there to see it, and I can assure you it ******** happened. 19 shots and the only Flyer goal came when I was taking a leak. I should just stop going to these games in North Jersey, Christ my all time combined record at Newark/the Meadowlands is like 2-12. One of those wins was in 19freakin86 when the Devils used to average like two wins a month.

While I'm at it, you know what else pisses me off? This whole "Jersey's team" marketing bull ****. I'm from Jersey, and that isn't MY ******** team. Seriously, they move a team from Kansas city to Colorado to freakin East Rutherford NJ, name it after a South Jersey legend, and market it like anybody south of New Brunswick gives 2 sh*ts about their New York wannabe franchise. Dammit. New business associates ask me frequently why I'm a not a Devils fan if I live in NJ.....Um, because Philly is like 25 minutes away, I practically grew up at the Spectrum, and those psuedo-ny priks play 2 hours north in some god forsaken strip of the most overpopulated area this side of Shanghai, that's why!

Come on guys, we miss three top 4 defencemen + Kubina, Two top 4 Forwards (add Giroux who may playing hurt) and this was fifth game in 8 days. Still managing to win 5 of last 6 games. This team and effort deserve some respect.

Come on guys, we miss three top 4 defencemen + Kubina, Two top 4 Forwards (add Giroux who may playing hurt) and this was fifth game in 8 days. Still managing to win 5 of last 6 games. This team and effort deserve some respect.

I agree, but not the NJ game - crap effort. Their recent winning streak is why this thread is pretty mild.

Christ my all time combined record at Newark/the Meadowlands is like 2-12.

I have to laugh because when I used to live back east my record at the Meadowlands was 0-10. There was one game where I gave my tickets away and the Flyers broke the trap managed a 2-1 win. And is it me or does Patrick Elias score 90% of his goals against the Flyers ?

I have to laugh because when I used to live back east my record at the Meadowlands was 0-10. There was one game where I gave my tickets away and the Flyers broke the trap managed a 2-1 win. And is it me or does Patrick Elias score 90% of his goals against the Flyers ?

It feels like it yeah. I'm not sure how he does it, but every game.

Yikes, sorry to hear you had the same nightmarish experience....I mean it's always fun to go to a game, you'd just like to win a few!

Elias could have badgers gnawing at his face and he'd still manage to get on the scoresheet against the Flyers