Wtf with this league

Guest Jmdodgesrt4

Anybody watching this game today. Is it just me or are they just letting them play. If there is a scrum both players go to the box. Cross checking in front of the net let go. I'm not calling conspiracy on our series but c'mon. Call only scoring chances that get removed or gotten .

if you've read my posts of late then you know you have a supporter in me. without getting into it at length, I will say that 2 things bother me about this league and it's officiating:

1. the rule book isn't adhered to 100% (if you make a rule why isn't it called 100% of the time?)

2. the refs have the POWER to "let them play"

and for good measure, no one in charge has seemed to have ever heard of the word consistency.

and for good measure, no one in charge has seemed to have ever heard of the word consistency.

Sure they have. Gary Bettman used a form of the word twice in one sentence:

NHL officiating is consistently inconsistent!

(OK, he didn't really say that. I can dream, can't I?)

They let the players play and they wound up trying to hurt each other around the league (3 guys suspended from one team in one game? That's a new one to me. And the league took it easy on those guys. No message sent.) So then the league overreacts and starts calling everything. But not the diving.

This could be such a wonderful sport, too.