NHLPA Sends Video Message to Fans

Guest Irishjim

I guess I'll stuff this here as opposed to the shoutbox ......

http://triblive.com/...e#axzz26ez9lXd6

Joe Morrow, the team's 2011 first-round draft pick, blasted Bettman this morning on Twitter.

"Bettmen should be the commissioner of a different sport..." Morrow wrote. "Like knitting. What a joke. #stop ruining hockey."

Morrow removed the comment from Twitter less than an hour later.

He then explained to the Tribune-Review that he had made a mistake and meant no harm by the comment.

"I was speaking as a fan," he said, "not a hockey player."

he even misspelled "Bettman"

Sometimes you just get tired of having no control - no say... It's always the little guys that get hurt. In the end, the owners and players (even the marginal ones) will be a-ok if not millionairs many times over. But the fans, the guy selling hotdogs, the gal at the ticket gate, the parking attendent... all screwed. If it ain't the corporation you work for, or the goverment or the entertainment we seek to forget about the rest of the BS... it's always the little ones who get screwed.

Some will say we do have control. Where we spend our money? Who we vote for? Where we work? Perhaps we do. But it doesn't feel like it... No matter when hockey starts I will be one of the idiots watching right of way, but there will be a sour taste to it and a bit more apathy. But Bettman won't care. Just so long as I spend that money...

• Like 1

Teemu Selanne had a few words to say. (translated post)

Gary Bettman has been the NHL's boss for almost 20 years. He was hired by the NHL to bring the salary cap, and so he did, as he had received the salary cap NBA Basketball: acquisition. Twice the lockout has been a stoppage during his reign, and each time the lockout is done. Now it is the third! He is certainly the NHL's most hated person. For every NHL team's arrival at the hall throughout the hall buuaa and show her mind. Yes fans to know! He makes himself more than eight million dollars a year. Would Mr. Bettman willing to give up their salary and give part of it to these "poor" teams? Hmm ... interesting question.