Team is becoming unwatchable...

Guest filly4life

They are so fundamentally flawed it's disturbing.

If I could summarize this team in one word it would be: INEFFICIENT.

Only team that seems to require 7 passes to start a "break" or as most teams call it, "getting out of their zone". Between the sloppy passing and turnovers (most that are unforced) they have to do everything twice over just to accomplish anything. People always talk about the key to beating the Flyers is to pressure them into mistakes, but the thing is they make enough mistakes on their own...

More on inefficiency, why do they pass so damn much in the offensive zone? Why do they always seem to turn with the puck in the wrong direction? They seem to have ZERO vision, outside of 2-3 of them. The problem with their passing is that they continue to try to make that pass that fails 99% of the time instead of attempting the smart pass or just taking the open shot. I'm always yelling for the Flyers to shoot more and stop passing so much. But In OT just now with the Devils, there was a play where (I believe it was Read) was carrying the puck up down the right side one-on-one with a Devil, with a Flyer trailing. Instead of making an easy drop pass to the trailing Flyer, the puck carrier just throws the puck right into the Devils defender... WHY?! So frustrating.

At least we got the extra point, but man did it look like the Flyers packed it in after regulation...

And I rarely say this, but Bryz probably had his best game all year. There were a handful of chances that I was sure the Devils were going to score on and he kept them in it.

filly:

I think many have felt your "pain" for years. The team's puck movement is awful. They cannot chase the pucks they dump. They gutted out the game with NJ and Bryz stole it. There is a lot of work needed; whether Lavy or Homer or both should lead the charge is another question.

Peace,

Howie

They are so fundamentally flawed it's disturbing.

If I could summarize this team in one word it would be: INEFFICIENT.

Only team that seems to require 7 passes to start a "break" or as most teams call it, "getting out of their zone". Between the sloppy passing and turnovers (most that are unforced) they have to do everything twice over just to accomplish anything. People always talk about the key to beating the Flyers is to pressure them into mistakes, but the thing is they make enough mistakes on their own...

More on inefficiency, why do they pass so damn much in the offensive zone? Why do they always seem to turn with the puck in the wrong direction? They seem to have ZERO vision, outside of 2-3 of them. The problem with their passing is that they continue to try to make that pass that fails 99% of the time instead of attempting the smart pass or just taking the open shot. I'm always yelling for the Flyers to shoot more and stop passing so much. But In OT just now with the Devils, there was a play where (I believe it was Read) was carrying the puck up down the right side one-on-one with a Devil, with a Flyer trailing. Instead of making an easy drop pass to the trailing Flyer, the puck carrier just throws the puck right into the Devils defender... WHY?! So frustrating.

At least we got the extra point, but man did it look like the Flyers packed it in after regulation...

And I rarely say this, but Bryz probably had his best game all year. There were a handful of chances that I was sure the Devils were going to score on and he kept them in it.

Then don't.