Isles at Pens - Ahhh ahhhhh ahhh Afternoon Delight

Guest nossagog

Well not really. For whatever reason, I have never been fond of afternoon hockey games, I think with all the travel and habits that the players get into during the year, afternoon games throw the players off.

That and the Pens don't traditionally do well in the afternoon games. Just don' t have a good feeling on this one. :ph34r:

Looks like Paul Martin may get a rest today, upper body injury for him. We'll see how the Pens move the puck without both he or Letng in the lineup. Don't like it, but it may be just a dump it out and chase it down type of game. I think the Isles will come with even more forecheck pressure than normal.

Would love to see Morrow get a goal tonigt with Geno, I would love to see that line start to generate some 5v5 points.

We'll have to see if Iggy can make it to the area to watch the game today.

Clutch win against a team fighting for the playoffs. No Martin or Letang to start the game. Lose Sid to a puck to the mouth minutes in. Lose Kunitz to a major penalty in the second. No problem, enter Matt Cooke. Yes, I said it, Matt "I'm gonna troll your team today" Cooke. Best game from him I've seen in a long time. Key on the PK, especially on the 1:44 of 5v3 during the Kunitz major. Scores the game winner, then after some chirping from Matt Martin, plants his butt on the ice twice off the ensuing face-off, priceless.

For all the Iginla on Sid line people, I think he'll be just fine with Geno and Neal. They generated a few chances, it will just take a little time for him to realize when he's on the rush, its okay to go straight in the zone, Geno and Neal will be driving for the net.

Great character win today. No Letang or Martin, as you said... Then Sid with some dental renovations, and Kinitz gets a ticky-tacky hitting from behind call... Then Orpik trips and its two minutes of five in three...

But the fought them off. Third consecutive shut out... AND making history with the first perfect month of ten or more games in NHL history.

I didn't think Iginla was third star material, but I guess it was a welcome offer.

Great win... And on to #16!

Great character win today. No Letang or Martin, as you said... Then Sid with some dental renovations, and Kinitz gets a ticky-tacky hitting from behind call... Then Orpik trips and its two minutes of five in three...

But the fought them off. Third consecutive shut out... AND making history with the first perfect month of ten or more games in NHL history.

I didn't think Iginla was third star material, but I guess it was a welcome offer.

Great win... And on to #16!

Obviously it was his welcome gift to Pittsburgh.