NHL officiating and discipline is ruining the NHL

Guest Phillygrump

I can barely stand to watch games anymore. He level of inconsistency is just abysmal. Across the entire league it is bad.

I don't understand how it can be that bad. I know the supplemental discipline is shady, but the officiating is just bad. I need to get into something else over the winter.

I think it has been on the decline. Ever since NBA reject Bettman starting getting involved in the actual game itself and not just the marketing it has gone downhill.

I hate and have always hated the two referee system. Back when hockey was hockey there was one referee and the players were familiar with their style and adjusted their game accordingly. Some guys let them play and the guys adjusted. Now there are younger guys many trying to establish themselves and you get one being competitive with another. You have two refs with different styles.

Finally I hate it because with players bigger, stronger and faster than ever you add yet another body on the ice.