Sabres scheduled to pick 8th

Guest Hockey Junkie

I believe we also own Minnesota's number one this year. And their number two next year. I think Darcy should trade the picks if he can get a good return? First he must decide on the coach. Then if he does decide its better to trade the picks, he must make sure Vanek and Miller are committed. And I do not mean to the state psychiatric facility. If he screws up this business in June Mr big bucks Pegula will no doubt finally axe him. He is probably in Alaska right now working on the pipeline.

Keep in mind that this comes from a Flyers fan and, as a consequence, I'm only vaguely familiar with the concept of a draft pick.

Being a Flyers' fan, however, I'm fairly familiar with the concept of trading away a pick/picks. With how deep this draft is and since there should be some very good players available at that spot, I wouldn't trade it away UNLESS you're getting something very significant back. Even then, I'd be very hesitant. If you do have MInnesota's number one, perhaps you do have a little wiggle room, but I think I'd be very happy with the #8 and the 14th or 15th that Minny's pick will likely end up being. You could end up with a couple very nice players in a year or two.