So what would you want for Letang?

B21

Since Shero has now confirmed that the Pens intend to keep Fleury and have already opened negotiations with Malkin's agent (with everyone sounding optimistic), it's a safe bet that Letang will be dealt unless they risk losing him for nothing after next season.

Just based on the fact that Shero dealt Staal in a similar situation last year, I think the same fate awaits Letang (and Staal was not coming off an abysmal (aBylsma?) series the way Letang is against Boston.

So for ****es and giggles....where do you deal Letang and for who? Letang does not have a NTC or NMC.

To St. Louis for the rights to Shattenkirk, Stewart (both UFA) and a 1st?

Since Shero has now confirmed that the Pens intend to keep Fleury and have already opened negotiations with Malkin's agent (with everyone sounding optimistic), it's a safe bet that Letang will be dealt unless they risk losing him for nothing after next season.

Just based on the fact that Shero dealt Staal in a similar situation last year, I think the same fate awaits Letang (and Staal was not coming off an abysmal (aBylsma?) series the way Letang is against Boston.

So for ****es and giggles....where do you deal Letang and for who? Letang does not have a NTC or NMC.

To St. Louis for the rights to Shattenkirk, Stewart (both UFA) and a 1st?

How about to LA for Doughty, Richards and Brown? And Kopitar? :rolleyes:

Letang showed he's exactly what some of us said he was...basically a forward playing D who puts up great numbers playing on a team that can put out 2 of the best players in the world to play with him.. I think Dallas has realized Goligoski was basically a poor mans version who could never reach the potential he showed as a kid playing with Crosby and Malkin unless he was playing with Crosby and Malkin.

Somebody will likely overpay for him because offensive defencemen are the shiny sparkly toy. Shattenkirk could likely put up similiar numbers as Letang on his own with Crosby and Malkin. Actually, putting up 43 points on a Hitch coached team is more impressive than what Letang has done considering talent and team phylosophy. If he can get Stewart and a 1st thrown in, good on Shero. But that's huge overpayment IMO.

How about to LA for Doughty, Richards and Brown? And Kopitar? :rolleyes:

Letang showed he's exactly what some of us said he was...basically a forward playing D who puts up great numbers playing on a team that can put out 2 of the best players in the world to play with him.. I think Dallas has realized Goligoski was basically a poor mans version who could never reach the potential he showed as a kid playing with Crosby and Malkin unless he was playing with Crosby and Malkin.

Somebody will likely overpay for him because offensive defencemen are the shiny sparkly toy. Shattenkirk could likely put up similiar numbers as Letang on his own with Crosby and Malkin. Actually, putting up 43 points on a Hitch coached team is more impressive than what Letang has done considering talent and team phylosophy. If he can get Stewart and a 1st thrown in, good on Shero. But that's huge overpayment IMO.

Due to your jaded view of wingers who play defense (dripping with sarcasm here), I'll take that as Shattenkirk/Stewart/1st (it's a late 1st) as a fair deal. ;)

In general (not agreeing or disagreeing), Letang is a more valued commodity than Staal and Shero was basically limited to one team. Going off that, I think Shattenkirk/Stewart/1st is close.

Edited by B21