Carchidi...again...

I swear to high heaven he reads this forum, and then runs to his editors with a new column. This was posted at 6:17 PM today on Philly.com. After this entire forum has spent the day discussing Coots and/or Read.

Is another goalie shakeup in the works for the Flyers?

The Los Angeles Kings have talked to the Flyers about trading them goalie Jonathan Bernier, an NHL source confirmed Tuesday.

At the moment, the Flyers plan to have Ilya Bryzgalov and Steve Mason battle for the No. 1 goaltender’s job in training camp.

But the Flyers are considering buying out Bryzgalov’s contract. If that happened, Bernier, who is a restricted free agent, would be a nice fit.

Bryzgalov’s agent, Ritch Winter, said last week the Flyers have not talked to him about buying out the goalie’s contract. “But I know that things can change,” he said.

To buy out Bryzgalov, the Flyers would have to pay him $23 million _ two-thirds of the remaining seven years ($34.5 million) on his contract. Bryzgalov turns 33 on Saturday.

The Kings have reportedly mentioned Sean Couturier and Matt Read in talks with the Flyers.

At least 10 teams have talked with the Kings about Bernier, including the Flyers and New York Islanders.

Bernier, who will turn 25 on Aug. 7, was outstanding as Jonathan’s Quick’s backup last season. He went 9-3-1 with a 1.88 goals-against average and .922 save percentage in 14 games. In 62 career games, he has a 2.36 GAA and .912 save percentage. He was the Kings’ first-round pick (11th overall) in the 2006 draft.

Mason, 25, had a revival after being acquired by the Flyers late last season, compiling a 1.90 goals-against average and a .944 save percentage in seven games.

Might as well trade all our youth away and then sign nothing but over 35 y/o's.

Fortunately for Sam, the ridiculously made up and stretched, probably hovers somewhere around the realm of what Homer would in fact do.

Now everyone is mentioning Jake for Bernier.

LA is asking for him, from what I've read. Homer should be fired if he does that as well. This team needs scoring wingers, it doesn't need to give away the one winger who does score. I am fine with Read + something. No on Coots, and no on Jake.

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken Jake is about 6'2 in height which projects well for a winger... Until we sign another winger that is above 6'1 we will never win a cup... It is the same thing over and over with the flyers

Edited by murraycraven