Darcy building a monsterous blue line

Guest Hockey Junkie

The two picks and then adding McBain change the team, the ability to move the puck and defend their own zone, to go along with the two Russian forwards drafted last year improving the offense makes this a team that is on the right path. Growing pains have to be expected and you still have guys like Stafford and Leino clogging up playing time, but promise is here.

I am not sure Stafford will still be there at the beginning of the season. I think he is a prime trade candidate and there are some teams that would take a shot with him. I am not big on the two Russian forwards we have. We must not let Vanek get away. Make Ott the captain and pull the trigger on a deal if Darcy wants to use some of those extra picks to gain an available free agent. I never thought I would say this, but why not bring Briere back for a year and see what he can do? If he would come? If Darcy and him could look past the past? Big Ifs. Just get your checkbook ready Mr Pegula.

Stafford is untradeable unless it is to a team that needs to reach the cap floor. I am soooooo glad Kenny Holland didn't trade for him a couple of years ago, I thought he was a future stud but instead he is the definition of a floater.

Good draft for you guys two years in a row. If the new owner ever understands this is how you build a team and supplement with the money on free agents your boys will be dangerous.