Cap rockets upward after next season?

I didn't follow CBA negotiations very closely, was in middle of opening a new restaurant.

I have read in multiple outlets after next season the salary cap will explode upwards. Yet next season is contracted.

Whats up with this?

Also, is the flyers have roughly 4-4.5 after Pronger is placed on LTIR what is everyone freaking for? Defense as-is is set. It doesn't have that bonafide Pronger-type guy in it, but its deep. Luke Schenn was acquired to be a #1 shutdown guy, they will live with him another season and let him develop more. Whether its Halak or Thomas I don't see them having to move Coburn or Mez for cap relief. If they can suck it up for 1 year I think they are fine.

Edited by AMMOnation

Yah I've been reading its suppose to be raised from 4-6 mil after this season. The reduction this year was the negotiated amount in the cba.

Wonder why, considering how well the league has done financially since the lockout.

Wonder why, considering how well the league has done financially since the lockout.

It was a huge money grab by the owners and they went after the players to subsidize the "poor" teams. If you move teams to a profitable location it would not have even been an issue. The losses that teams showed would be audited if you or I tried to claim the same to the IRS........and let's just say I am pretty sure we would be in jail for it......

• Like 2