2013-2014 Flyers Pre-Season Schedule Announced

Guest pilldoc

Did not see a current thread..so here it is....

* The Flyers announced their preseason schedule for September. Here it is:

Sun., Sept. 15, 6 p.m.: vs. Toronto, Budweiser Gardens (London, Ontario)

Mon., Sept. 16, 7 p.m.: at Toronto, Air Canada Centre (split squad)

Mon., Sept. 16, 7 p.m.: vs. Washington, Wells Fargo Center (split squad)

Tues., Sept. 17, 7 p.m.: vs. New York Rangers, Wells Fargo Center

Tues., Sept. 24, 7 p.m.: vs. New Jersey, Wells Fargo Center

Thurs., Sept. 26. 7 p.m.: at New Jersey, Prudential Center

Fri., Sept. 27, 7 p.m.: at Washington, Verizon Center

Misc. Stuff:

* New acquisitions Vincent Lecavalier and Mark Streit chose their uniform numbers yesterday, according to the Flyers. With Lecavalier's famous Tampa number 4 retired by the Flyers in honor of the late Barry Ashbee, Lecavalier will switch to number 40. Streit will wear number 32 because the number 2 he wore with the Islanders has been retired by the Flyers in honor of Hockey Hall of Famer Mark Howe and Streit wore 32 while in Montreal.

@pilldoc Nice to see the London game is still there, the Flyers are building a fan base in that city with the regularity of playing there every year. Does not hurt that the Flyers own the arena there, or are closely tied to the building through ownership at least, not sure of the exact tie in there.

@pilldoc Nice to see the London game is still there, the Flyers are building a fan base in that city with the regularity of playing there every year. Does not hurt that the Flyers own the arena there, or are closely tied to the building through ownership at least, not sure of the exact tie in there.

I really get jealous sometime for those of you who live in Canada. I would love to be able to see either via live or TV more junior hockey games. That way I have a better idea who these players are prior to draft day. For at least myself I have to rely on the info you guys give us from seeing these players live and in person. Don't get me wrong I love where I live, but I wish I had the oppurtunity to see junior hockey more. Love the idea of seeing the Flyers in a smaller venue.