Trevor Timmins

cournoyer12

Looking at the 12 years Mr. Timmins has been the Habs scouting director, I have Mixed feelings about the job he has done, and I whe years ill give the reasons for this opinion. First, I see alot of bad first round choices and what the team Could of had. Remembering the 2003 draft, Many scouts and GMs that interviewed Andrei Kos****yn said they wouldnt touch that player with a 10 ft pole..Missed out on Getzlaf, Parise, Corey Perry etc...

Then the David Fischer over Claude Giroux..Ben Maxwell over Milan Luicic....just a few examples...

I also think Gainey doesnt go crazy the year we obtained Gomez, Camarreli, Spacek, Hal Hall if our picks were better..

Also, and hear me out here, Before Galchenyuk and Gallagher, the only Decent Foward in a decade of drafting I see on the club is Max Pacioretty.....

Finally...Answere me this....Didn't the Canadiens recently sign Parros via free agency?? So, you mean to tell me in all the years of Timmins drafts, we haven't been able to find a Fourth line enforcer..

Cournoyer...........

I'd like to tell you a story.

Many years ago, when Irving Grundman was the GM, Canadiens used to sometimes practice at a rink in St. Laurent. Grundman had connections with the rink. Anyway, one day when my 11 year-old had a game at the same arena, I got a call from a friend. He said that some of the Canadiens were having an optional practice there. If I wanted to bring my son early, we'd be welcome to watch. So, I load my son and his buddy into the car and we travel north to Montreal. The Canadiens practiced while the kids ate their lunch. Things on the ice were winding down when one of the players asked the boys if they would like to go on the ice. It took no time to throw on skates, gear and jump on the ice. My son did three on twos with Guy Lafleur and Yvan Cournoyer as his linemates. It was total bliss for him. They couldn't have been kinder to him. One of the Montreal goalies was Richard Sevigny. He stayed on the ice well after everyone else left and let the kids take shots agasinst him.

It was a great day.

The Habs need to stop going after small forwards and get some guys with size who can put up numbers and be more physical. Essentially guys such as Pacioretty and Galchenyuk who won't be easily intimidated or pushed around. The Habs only significant move this off-season was adding Danny Briere who once again falls under the tiny, slightly under achieving, growing older forward (Scott Gomez syndrome). I like Briere and think he can provide offense, but I dont feel this is the type of player that the Habs should have been shopping for.

I really like what I see from this site, my earlier comment is Not to Berate the team that I love..I also have a story about my Habs, growing up in Upstate New York my first hockey game (1960's) was an original six Habs vs NY rANGERS @Montreal..on T.V. Announcer's name was Winn Elliot.....My Stepfather (a Rangers fan) had me watch the game with him.. I kept looking at the screen, and focused on the Other team, and told my stepfather "No, the Other team I like'...A few years later, I found out my Birth father's side was half French Canadiens...It's in the Blood...What you said earlier about drafting smaller players,. I don't mind a player like Gallagher, who "Plays Big" and goes to the net, but when a mediocre tem like the Ottawa Senators makes us look bad in th playoffs...The size issue becomes Real...What bothers me is if you Had a couple of players that Combine Size WITH Skill, we wouldnt even Need a player like Parros...And with the salary cap, (and it's going down soon).an a team Afford a player like him?? Finally Looking at our fowards going in, we have Four really slight players in Gallagher, Briere, Desharnais and Gionta.. Rene Bourque doesnt bring any Physical preence to the table as well....We really screwed up passing up a player like Getzlaf or Perry years ago...Exactly the Type Players other teams seem to find in the draft...Size WITH Skill....

I really like what I see from this site, my earlier comment is Not to Berate the team that I love..I also have a story about my Habs, growing up in Upstate New York my first hockey game (1960's) was an original six Habs vs NY rANGERS @Montreal..on T.V. Announcer's name was Winn Elliot.....My Stepfather (a Rangers fan) had me watch the game with him.. I kept looking at the screen, and focused on the Other team, and told my stepfather "No, the Other team I like'...A few years later, I found out my Birth father's side was half French Canadiens...It's in the Blood...What you said earlier about drafting smaller players,. I don't mind a player like Gallagher, who "Plays Big" and goes to the net, but when a mediocre tem like the Ottawa Senators makes us look bad in th playoffs...The size issue becomes Real...What bothers me is if you Had a couple of players that Combine Size WITH Skill, we wouldnt even Need a player like Parros...And with the salary cap, (and it's going down soon).an a team Afford a player like him?? Finally Looking at our fowards going in, we have Four really slight players in Gallagher, Briere, Desharnais and Gionta.. Rene Bourque doesnt bring any Physical preence to the table as well....We really screwed up passing up a player like Getzlaf or Perry years ago...Exactly the Type Players other teams seem to find in the draft...Size WITH Skill....

Welcome! and I'm glad you like the site. Tell your friends.

I'll post more on my thoughts on the scouting in a bit.

@cournoyer12 "Size WITH Skill..."

I think that was the whole theory behind drafting McCoshin. He has nice size, nice skating for a big kid and at least projects to have nice hands. Seems like they went into the draft trying make up for past failure in the size dept. We'll have to wait and see if they went to far out of their way to acquire some size.

Welcome to the board!!

@cournoyer12 yea exactly a team like Ottawa should man-handle much of anyone really (coming from a Leaf fan who hates Ottawa). But in all seriousness I think a team like Boston would have absolutely embarrassed Montreal the great combination of size, grit, and skill. (I also hate them) LOL!!

and welcome to the site.