Girgensons!

yave1964

Zemgus Girgensons just scored his first goal in his first NHL game. I am a Red Wings fan and when Jimmy Howard misplayed the puck behind the net and Flynn tossed it out front and Girgensons buried the puck normally I would have been screaming at the television but instead after calming the wife down I explained to her that a guy from in here knows him personally and he is a baby, 20 years old and his first NHL game and she calmed down. "It is okay, as long as we still win." she finally said.

Well we did. And congratulations to Blocker. Hope you were watching the game live.

Appreciate the nod. 

We're pretty happy for Z.  It wasn't that long ago  he was playing floor hockey with my grandkids. 

The people in Buffalo will like him.  He's a great boy.

• 4 weeks later...

This kid really works.  I like what I see so far.  He can stick handle and he does not quit

The people in Buffalo will love him.  He's a really nice kid, who has brains enough to work hard.  He will just get better with time.  He had a tough time adjusting to the pace of the AHL last year, (I think because of his youth) but he persevered.  Toward the end of the season, he shone.