The Hockey Gods are smiling on me

yave1964

The Avalanche are 6-0. Really. Paddy Roy has the club playing hard, lights out hockey hitting and opportunistic, with solid net minding making up for leaky blue line play. Roy' has tied the all time record with six wins to start the coaching career.

Okay here is where the Hockey God's come in.

The other coach to start his coaching career 6-0? Mario Tremblay, the coach who was responsible for the trade of Roy to the Avalanche.

The team that Roy has to beat to have the coaching record to himself? The Detroit Red Wings, Roy's all time rival.

They play tomorrow night at 9, I will or should be home by then, and will slip my Shanahan jersey on and be screaming at the TV.

Thank you Hockey Gods for giving me a meaningful Avalanche/Wings game, and a chance to once again show Paddy just who is his Daddy.

I'm taking the Avs to win ;) lol

It matters to Roy more than the Wings. Between both rosters it is hard to believe but Datsyuk is the last member of the 2002 Wings and the great rivalry. I think a game like this usually matters more to the fans than the players, but the connections, the Wings/ Avalanche, The chance to break the record held by Tremblay, against his greatest rival, really hoping for a magnificent game.

It matters to Roy more than the Wings. Between both rosters it is hard to believe but Datsyuk is the last member of the 2002 Wings and the great rivalry. I think a game like this usually matters more to the fans than the players, but the connections, the Wings/ Avalanche, The chance to break the record held by Tremblay, against his greatest rival, really hoping for a magnificent game.

I was just breaking your stones bud. You're going to have a tough time with Varlamov and the youth movement though.

I was just breaking your stones bud. You're going to have a tough time with Varlamov and the youth movement though.

Hey no worries, that is how I took it, lol. Hard to believe I care about an Avalanche/Wings game tho.