New Helmet Time!

bunnyman

My twice worn Bauer 2100 was determined to be a bleedin' sweat box!!!! Bloody fuggin' hell!!!! I don't remember helmets being THIS hot!!!! I think this one has 1970's tech as far as hotness on the noggin. If me head weren't shaved, I would be a nasty mess by the end of game time!!!! I don't remember my old SK600 or SK1000 being this much of a sweat box...

I decided to go with a Bauer IMS 7.0 custom colour. I went with Old Gold with purple vents. Yeah- I play shinny about two-four times per month. No team means no restrictions on colour!!!!! I love gold!!!!!

I think I am finally getting a helmet with 21st century tech inside!!!! I am stoked!!!!! She will be 14 days plus shipping away!!!!

• Like 1

Yah, I was gonna say you can always shave your head to keep cooler but you already have it shaved! :P   If you only order your helmets online then I guess it's hard to try it out & return it if it doesn't work out.  As opposed to getting them from the store & being able to get the sales guy's advice, etc.  But I suppose also, if you're getting the custom colours, then it has to be ordered.  I never found helmets way back yonder in time to be hot either but I didn't play with it on enough I suppose...

So what colour is your jersey gonna be? Gold and....purple??  You know we're gonna need pics of you in full dress uniform, right??!  ;)

• Like 1

But of course!!!

Gold is an accent colour. I have gold and navy as well as gold and red gloves. The gold helmet pulls it all together!!!! I wear old Dallas 3rd, Nashville 3rd, Atlanta road, and Toronto home sweaters. Gold goes with EVERYTHING!!!!!

@goalnut3133

I hear you on trying it out in the store, but this is a model I didn't see in Total Hockey or the LHS, let alone the ice rink pro shoppe. But as well, their clearance helmets are in weird colours (as if gold isn't weird) and sizes. This one seems to have the modern fit bells and whistles. I figure if a Bauer 2100 fits okay, then this one has to be in the same ballpark, right?

Oh yah, I meant more like if you were able to talk to a guy at the shop, you could make sure the venting was good enough for your noggin...but not if they don't have what you're looking for.

The gold 'n purple somehow reminds me of the 'artist formerly known as Prince'...or whatever he's called these days! lol!  :ph34r:

My twice worn Bauer 2100 was determined to be a bleedin' sweat box!!!! Bloody fuggin' hell!!!! I don't remember helmets being THIS hot!!!! I think this one has 1970's tech as far as hotness on the noggin. If me head weren't shaved, I would be a nasty mess by the end of game time!!!! I don't remember my old SK600 or SK1000 being this much of a sweat box...

I decided to go with a Bauer IMS 7.0 custom colour. I went with Old Gold with purple vents. Yeah- I play shinny about two-four times per month. No team means no restrictions on colour!!!!! I love gold!!!!!

I think I am finally getting a helmet with 21st century tech inside!!!! I am stoked!!!!! She will be 14 days plus shipping away!!!!

@bunnyman,

Ummm, I hate to be the one to break it to you...Its not the helmet!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

The gold is definitely not like " golden helmet" gold, though I would LOVE that colour.

Take not that the Cascade/Bauer stuff runs a bit bigger; i.e. if you take a large in a foam-lined helmet and you are on the small side of Bauer's large, get a medium. I used a helmet sizing pad to get this helmet tighter.

The Boulder gold cage goes well with Cascade/Bauer "Old Gold", doesn't it?!?

• Like 1

My initial impressions is that this lid has a fair bit more ventilation. It might not be quite as ventilated as the Re-Akt or the 9.0 (same shell AFAIK, different foam). Me thinks the lid I had (Bauer 2100) uses cheaper plastic, therefore the vents cannot be as large and still protect my head. This one has fairly large vents on the top, as well as a fair few on the sides.

It also has a better view and larger opening for the face. The ear protection would fold down my ears. Not being in sanctioned play, I can remove the ear flaps.

I did put some helmet sizing pads between the air pockets and the foam to snug up the helmet. This helmet is not going to be worn like I did in Junior hockey as now I want the helmet to protect my head rather than get blown off of my head by a hit.

Full review tomorrow after hockey.