Giroux Looking for the Switch to Flip

radoran

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20131107_Flyers_say_their_struggles_this_season_are_mental.html

"We need to stay positive," Giroux said yesterday. "We are a good team. When we start believing it, when we start playing like it, we'll be a dangerous team."

So, does that mean players in the Flyers' locker room are not believing right now?

"Maybe they believe it, but they don't believe it 100 percent," Giroux said. "I really believe that when we start believing that we're a good team, that's when we're going to start winning games. We're not convinced that we are right now.

They better find it soon - like starting tonight - because if they can't be a "good team" against the "bad" teams they are playing, they certainly aren't going to be a "good team" against the actual, honest-to-God "good teams".

Giving up points to Carolina in a game they should have won is exactly what will stop them from moving up the standings.

"We are a good team. When we start believing it, when we start playing like it, we'll be a dangerous team."

That is like saying "when I play the lottery and believe I will win - I will win!"  

Glad he is trying to stay positive but the time is NOW!   They can not continue to squander points to Teams that are bad.  I look at tonight as a HUGE game for the Flyers.  They need to get it going tonight and then carry it over into the next month.  Otherwise, we will be talking about draft positioning...