Ducks-Hawks tonight!

Chicago Hawkie

Quack quack!  It's time to meet the Anaheim Ducks!  :D

I don't have a lot of time to post right now because I had to get some things done after work today (but I'll be back shortly before the game starts and during the first intermission before I have to go to bed and get up for work tomorrow).

I'll just say this will be a tough one for the Hawks because last night's loss to the Wild was our 2nd in a row and the Hawks could not beat the Ducks last season.

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, but the fact is ... I have to work two weekends on a row ... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -urns (I'm getting a little Simpsons-esque there)!

Edited by Chicago Hawkie

Game tied at one going into 2nd period

The Ducks scored first when Cory Perry scored on a setup from Ryan Getzlaf.  That lead was erased 45 second later when Ben Smith tied it.

Unfortunately, I have to hit the hay after the second period because I have to be well-rested for work tomorrow ... quack quack quack:rolleyes:

Edited by Chicago Hawkie

2-2 after 2 between two heavyweight clubs. Don't know why they didn't save Crawford back for this one instead of playing him at the wild last night. Of course both opponents are solid but the Ducks seem to be better than the Wild and the one you would want to start your number one against.

Sorry they lost this one, bud!  I missed the game but my reasons were less morose than yours, was at the mall for Xmas shopping, heh heh! (Well, also at the dentist there, patooey!)  

(Wow, we actually won the Yotes tonite, can't believe it! lol)  Next games for usses is Sunday nite...Panthers for you, Avs for us...hmm, I wonder if Nucks will get out alive?  :unsure: )

Sorry they lost this one, bud!  I missed the game but my reasons were less morose than yours, was at the mall for Xmas shopping, heh heh! (Well, also at the dentist there, patooey!)  

(Wow, we actually won the Yotes tonite, can't believe it! lol)  Next games for usses is Sunday nite...Panthers for you, Avs for us...hmm, I wonder if Nucks will get out alive?  :unsure: )

The Avalanche have been very human lately and the Canucks have to start winning the four point swing games and there are few Western conference teams that you would expect to slide back to the pack, the Avalanche being one. Way to early to start talking about must wins but for the Canucks to get back into it they have to send a message or two (I hope they do, I just traded for both Sedin's in fantasy hockey, lol)/

@goalnut3133

"Sorry they lost this one, bud!  I missed the game but my reasons were less morose than yours, was at the mall for Xmas shopping, heh heh! (Well, also at the dentist there, patooey!)"

Especially that part about going to the dentist .  Wait ... that would be more morose ... :ph34r::lol:

(Wow, we actually won the Yotes tonite, can't believe it! lol)  Next games for usses is Sunday nite...Panthers for you, Avs for us...hmm, I wonder if Nucks will get out alive?  :unsure:

I wish your Canucks the best against Colorado.  The Avs IMO have taken the Hawks' nemesis spot away from the Edmonton Oilers.We lost 6-2 to the Avs last year and lost 5-2 thus far this year.  Can it be Sunday right now?  I'm in hockey withdrawal until them ... :lol:

• Like 1

@yave1964

"Don't know why they didn't save Crawford back for this one instead of playing him at the wild last night"

I agree, and not only that but it seems, according to the local media, that there may be a goalie controversy (oh goodness, NO!) because Coach Q expressed his dissatisfaction about Crow's game vs. the Wild at a press conference after that game.  That, to me, was very un-Q, not like him at all IMO, so I think Q was just frustrated about the loss and did not think much about what he was saying.

I think the media here are making this into the dreaded goalie controversy ... I'm sure Q will clarify this issue soon.

Don't worry, Hawk, you're still tied for top of the league with the Ducks at 47 points (wheww!). But your differential is above theirs at '+27' to their '+20'....!  I hope Raanta will keep his stellar play going for the team, now is his time to shine!   :lol:

• Like 1