Flyers vs Lightning 1/11

hf101

The Flyers will be protecting a 10 game home winning streak while the Lightning are one of the teams that cause the Flyers trouble.  Normally I'd look at this afternoon game as a loss, but not today this team plays well in the afternoon and the Lightning are without Bishop.  Rosehill will probably get the nod over McGinn, I am hopefull that we will get to see McGinn and Vandevelde play on the same line.  We also have two of the Olympic snubs in this game, Giroux and St Louis. It should be a great matchup.

Flyers 4   Lightning 1

Go Flyers

Join us for Game Chat

What I liked about the game was the Flyers keeping the pressure on in their zone.  A lot of quality chances and great puck handling to keep it in.  Some sloppy neutral zone defense gave up some odd-man rushes.  And in our zone, Flyers looked pretty bad.  That first  goal was a fluke; but, most of the other goals were a result of weak defense in our zone.  Mason was not the problem yesterday IMHO.

All I know, is this team is fun to watch now.  If we could ONLY get a "D" this team could make a serious run down the stretch.