Best we looked all year

caluso

Agreed...  but if anything has been proven this season is they are not consistent.  They played very good hockey out west but still are out of a playoff spot if I am correct.  The final stretch of games is not easy but they could slip into the playoffs.  It all depends on what Homer and crewdecide at the deadline as wll. 

Yes they are on the outside looking in.   Columbus has more regulation wins with the same points and has a game in hand.   That was a really big win for them last night at Anaheim.   The Flyers are out of the playoff spot because of that 4 game losing streak.   If they could have at least managed one regulation win in that stretch they would be sitting in 6th.   Right now they are 9th.   If they want to make the playoffs they are going to have to earn it.   Very tough finishing schedule after the olympics.   More penguins, bruins,  blues twice, sharks, blackhawks again.   If they make it through that schedule and sneak in they deserve it. 

Since Gus has returned (starting with that Boston game) and been paired with Schenn the Flyers haven't given up a goal when those two were on the ice.

Schenn was on the ice for the first goal last night but did you see who was out there with him(and it was a PP) it wasn't Gus it was Mezz with him.

They have formed some quick chemistry which is nice cause i'm tied of watching people still argue the JVR/Schenn trade. Myself  i've done some but have just tried to stay away from i've said my piece on it, it's time to move forward and just hope Luke keeps working on his game and gets smarter.

Now just need someone who can skate with Streit he needs someone to stay at home playsome defense and actually hit someone....someone to complement his skill set like Gus Schenn do.

Streit has 32 total hits so physicality isn't his thing so get him someone, i suggested Mark Stuart out of Winnie but not sure what that asking price would be.

Someone that will help that half play some defense cause Striet is without a doubt an offensive Dmen....makes me long for the Delmore days....bad pinches and all.

Mezz certainly can't help him in that area hell half the time it seems his trying to figure which end he is suppose to shot at.

And Grossman i guess you can try him but he's just waaaaay to slow to help Streit i'm afraid. His game is just stand and block half the net best he can.