Wild sign goalie John Curry to an NHL contract

hf101

The Wild tore up goalie John Curry’s two-way AHL contract with Iowa and signed him to a two-way NHL contract to give the Wild a call-up option beyond rookie Johan Gustafsson

“To have Gus just up here backing up, it’s just not right for his development and leaves Iowa really shorthanded, too,” General Manager Chuck Fletcher said. “There have been times we’ve had both [Darcy] Kuemper and Gus up here and John’s been the only goalie down there, so this is recognizing the reality of our situation and protecting us with another NHL contract.”

Curry, who turns 30 in Feb has been shuttled all year between Iowa and ECHL Orlando. He is 6-3-2 with Iowa in 12 games with a 1.95 goals-against average and .939 save percentage. 

Josh Harding hasn't been on the ice in two months with no real change in his status causing concern for the Wild organization.  One has to think of the possibility that he may not return this season or any other for that matter.    IMO, this is a temporary fix as the Wild could make a trade at the deadline for another goalie.

@hf101  I had been under the impression that Harding was changing medication and the delay was *normal* (hard to say that, but you know what I mean). I had not heard his career was in jeopardy. If so, that is a BIG loss, he was playing some unreal net.