Eddie Lack to start in the Heritage Classic

hf101

Interesting decision by the Canucks to start Lack in the Heritage Classic especially this time of year when trade rumors are rampant.  Thus some are now speculating with the possibility of Luongo being traded again to Florida.  Florida ownership has stated they are committed to building a competitive team so I can see something like this moving forward with Florida trading some youth in return.

“Lack deserved to play this game but Lui has done everything we’ve asked of him,” Tortorella said, according to QMI’s Hosea Chung.

“Lui’s pissed … but I have to make decisions which I think will give our team the best chance to win.”

The Canucks didn’t win on Sunday, as Lack & Co. fell to the Ottawa Senators 4-2. Tortorella said he knows that fans are upset, but he can’t just make decisions to make people happy.

Eddie Lack didn’t pretend that fans weren’t chanting for Luongo at times on Sunday. Instead, he just tried to block out those distractions.

“It’s their opinion,” Lack said. ” … I’m ok with it. I’m just trying to play the best I can out there.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/02/john-tortorella-roberto-luongo-pissed-eddie-lack-starts-heritage-classic/

Nice work Torts ruin both of your goal tenders.

Perhaps the Panthers trade for Roberto, then trade Markstrom, don't see both of them staying. Don't really see a pressing need for the Panthers, Markstrom's stats are close to Luongo, and he is much cheaper.

@jammer2

yeah, maybe.  They surely could keep Thomas another year. 

Islanders maybe?  I started another thread of the Luongo saga in a timeline.  Maybe the whole purpose of starting Lack yesterday was to piss Luongo off on purpose so he would remove a NMC go to a team like the Islanders.

Maybe the whole purpose of starting Lack yesterday was to piss Luongo off on purpose so he would remove a NMC go to a team like the Islanders.

Interesting angle 101. I can see Luongo throwing his arms up in disgust and just wanting out.  Even to a sketchy team like the Islanders.