Things you do not like about your team

yave1964

Coming from a Red Wing fan, I am a bit shocked. I have always had the utmost respect for the organization. Yet, you would know better than me. 

I will still assert and question, why teams do not spend a significant budget to monitor / rehab their players with qualified people. 

The Wings have had some of the oddest assortment of injuries for several years now and almost every time the predicted time for return is off. Datsyuk was going to miss 2 weeks, he has played 4 games in 3 months. Ericsson would miss two weeks, now it is 4-6. Things like that.

I am not saying rush a player back from an injury but at least get a better idea of how long the player will be out. They truly seem to have no idea. This is not Bill Belicheck protecting state secrets type of stuff, this is a training staff that has no idea.

And the injuries seem to be preventable, I am not talking about Ericsson and a broken finger, I am talking about hamstrings and sore backs and what not, things that a proper training staff should be able to assist a player to either play through on a nightly basis or at the least to recover quickly. In short the training staff is wretched.

One thing that always irks me about the Hawks is sometimes we take stupid penalties, and those always happen at the worst times!  I know it's important for the Hawks to assert themselves and are more often than not outhit in the game, but if the Hawks make a parade to the penlaty box, more often than not, a loss is what the final result will be.

@B21

@Commander Clueless

I think letting up once a team gets 2 or 3 goals up on its opponent is pretty standard across the league and across sports in general.

the worst of the sports for this though is baseball, because no matter how many runs you get up on your opponent you still have to throw the ball across the plate until you get 27 outs. 

True, but when you are a team (Leafs) that can't play defense to save their lives, this is never a good idea.

• 2 months later...