Adam Larsson?

Lightning fan

He's been healthy for a while now, but they've kept him in the Albany, where's he played pretty well (19 points in 30 games). The Devils have a logjam on defense and are favoring the veterans over the kids (except Merrill) right now. Larsson was playing the best hockey I've seen from him so far when he was paired with Gelinas before he got injured.

Personally I think the Devils rushed Larsson to begin with. He probably should have started out in the AHL, but because of the pitiful state of their blueline at the time they started him with the big team. I think they're trying to make up for it now by leaving him down in the minors.

Edited by MadDevil

I'm not really surprised by it (he did have similar production back in 2009-10), but I didn't expect it this season. Over the last few years he's been more of a shutdown guy, but this year he (and the defense as a whole) has gotten more involved offensively. Without the production he, Zidlicky, and Gelinas have had this year, the Devils probably aren't even within sniffing distance of the playoffs.