Rumor Roundup: What will the Senators do with Bobby Ryan & Marc Methot?

Irishjim

Contract talks between the Ottawa Senators and defenseman Marc Methot have apparently reached a stalemate. The Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch reports Methot, whose current annual cap hit is $3 million, is believed to be seeking a deal comparable to Brooks Orpik, who earlier this summer inked a five-year deal worth $5.5-million annually with the Washington Capitals.

Methot, 29, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Up until now the Senators have had success re-signing several key free agents. They recently re-upped goaltenders Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner, along with wingers Milan Michalek and Clarke MacArthur.

read full article here --->  http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-what-will-the-senators-do-with-bobby-ryan-marc-methot/

Contract talks between the Ottawa Senators and defenseman Marc Methot have apparently reached a stalemate. The Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch reports Methot, whose current annual cap hit is $3 million, is believed to be seeking a deal comparable to Brooks Orpik, who earlier this summer inked a five-year deal worth $5.5-million annually with the Washington Capitals.

Methot, 29, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Up until now the Senators have had success re-signing several key free agents. They recently re-upped goaltenders Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner, along with wingers Milan Michalek and Clarke MacArthur.

read full article here --->  http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-what-will-the-senators-do-with-bobby-ryan-marc-methot/

I don't see both of them getting paid. I hope the Sens hang onto at least one of them, but I'm not even sure if I should expect that.

If it's one or the other, I'd expect them to hang on to Ryan.

I don't see both of them getting paid. I hope the Sens hang onto at least one of them, but I'm not even sure if I should expect that.

If it's one or the other, I'd expect them to hang on to Ryan.

reading the salaries they have a lot of $ in there D..so i agree with keeping ryan

Marc Methot wants 5.5 mill??   Wow, that seems like an overpay! I guess the days of defensive d-men being under-appreciated is a thing of the past, huh? If they only have money to pay one player, and somehow pick Methot over Ryan....they should be shot and pissed on.

Archived