Thoughts on Sharks first game. Spoiling Kings banner opener

J0e Th0rnton

Micro Mueller looks like a 10 year vet. ice in his veins. I had no idea he could skate that fast. Gaborik, catching him full stride is rare, and surprised me.

Burns looked great on defense.

Wingels looked great on the third line. Really. Tierney also looked great. No surprised he made the team. Was surprised to see him getting defensive zone faceoffs though since he has been bad on faceoffs.

They gave Vlasic a lot of PP time tonight. More than Demers or Burns, which surprised me. He looked good. AND Burns Vlasic got the most PK time. Not sure why Burish got so much PK time. Couture did not look good tonight.

@J0e Th0rnton

Huge statement game, especially after blowing the series last year.  The Sharks needed this as a confidence booster.  It is always nice when you can spoil the home teams celebration.  Plus it was a Shutout - none the less.  I got some great FP with Nemi's shutout.

I am curious to see how Burns does on the blue-line.  If CBS ever gets around and fixes his position from winger to d-man, I could have a steal as defenseman.  If they fix it correctly, I will drop J. Boychuk in a heartbeat.  So yeah...very curious to see how this plays out. 

Marleau had 2 goals also.  The Sharks needed this win in a VERY BIG way.

@J0e Th0rnton

Huge statement game, especially after blowing the series last year.  The Sharks needed this as a confidence booster.  It is always nice when you can spoil the home teams celebration.  Plus it was a Shutout - none the less.  I got some great FP with Nemi's shutout.

I am curious to see how Burns does on the blue-line.  If CBS ever gets around and fixes his position from winger to d-man, I could have a steal as defenseman.  If they fix it correctly, I will drop J. Boychuk in a heartbeat.  So yeah...very curious to see how this plays out. 

Marleau had 2 goals also.  The Sharks needed this win in a VERY BIG way.

The other thing that kinda sucked for pools, but was fun to watch. The Pavelski/Thornton/Hertl Line vs Kopitar's line + Doughty completely neutralized each other all night

Archived