John Moore and Chris Kreider

ihabs1993

John Moore and Chris Kreider, as many of you know by now, were ejected from their game against the Wild on Monday for illegal checks. John Moore, who elbowed Wild's Haula as he took a shot, has a phone hearing tomorrow at 1:00 as he declined an in person hearing. Chris Kreider, who shoved a vulnerable Brodin from behind into the boards, will not have a hearing.

Kreider should absolutely be suspended for his hit. Just a dumb play on his part and there's no other outcome that Kreider could have expected. Kreider is quickly becoming known as one of the most reckless players in the league. Dirty or clean, reckless players hide behind the mask of "Their intentions". This time, Kredier should have paid with at least a few games on the sidelines, but the league doesn't see an issue with it. With some one as clean of a resume as Chris Pronger working there, I'm SHOCKED to see this dealt with this way....  :rolleyes:  *Sarcasm*

@ihabs1993   I'm not saying Kreider is a angel by any means, but to be fair, the Montreal player did stop suddenly, leaving himself in a vulnerable position. Yes, Chris could have avoided this hit, but the fact remains, had the Hab not stopped right there, he would have kept playing.

Moore is an entirely different story, he is reckless and his head shots need to be taken out of the game. The NHL needs to step up when the head is targeted multiple times like Moore has done in the past few years.

the Montreal player did stop suddenly,

Too bad it was Minnesota haha... I guess you can say that, but I look at it this way. Brodin starts to lean back into Kreider before he stops. This is evident from his skates being closer to the boards than his head. Next, Brodin puts the breaks on and continues to lean into Kreider. I know this is how this works because Subban does this every night, with some success.

My problem is this: At this moment, why does Kreider NEED to push him? Kreider's arms extend and throw Brodin off balance. For this reason, I think Kreider had plenty of time to make the right decision and still made the wrong one. The league is putting too much responsibility on the one being hit in situations like this. Brodin did everything he could to avoid being boarded, but his attempts are in vain as the player hitting him acted recklessly. You never see Kreider turn his skates and try to stop. What Kreider should do there is bear-hug him into the boards, but first he needs to slow down. One day Kreider is going to really hurt someone because of his recklessness because he hasn't been told it's not ok. I don't look forward to that day at all.

@ihabs1993  Geez, was watching that game, don't know how I slipped up to say Montreal....prob your screen name I'm guessing. I'm not contending that Chris does not deserve a small suspension, but to me at least, it looked like the Wild player put himself where he should not have been. The push, the skate placement tell me that Chris was being reckless. He could have easily avoided that, or at the very least, minimize the impact with minimal effort.

@ihabs1993  I just love the way Kreider plays the game. Hopefully he learns how to straddle the illegal to legal line better over time....but man oh man, that is how you want them....snarl, aggression, arriving to the puck with intent to take what is his....and speed and hands to go with it. This kid could be a 35 goal scorer, maybe a bit more, if things go his way.

@ihabs1993  Geez, was watching that game, don't know how I slipped up to say Montreal....prob your screen name I'm guessing. I'm not contending that Chris does not deserve a small suspension, but to me at least, it looked like the Wild player put himself where he should not have been. The push, the skate placement tell me that Chris was being reckless. He could have easily avoided that, or at the very least, minimize the impact with minimal effort.

@ihabs1993  I just love the way Kreider plays the game. Hopefully he learns how to straddle the illegal to legal line better over time....but man oh man, that is how you want them....snarl, aggression, arriving to the puck with intent to take what is his....and speed and hands to go with it. This kid could be a 35 goal scorer, maybe a bit more, if things go his way.

Kreider could be a star in this league, but he'll always be tainted with the word "reckless" if he keeps this up. You can have all that snarl and aggression but you need to know where to draw the line. As much as I hate to say it, up until recently, Chris Neil was very good at knowing where the line is and how close he could come to it without being penalized. He would always force the other guy to take the penalty and was incredibly hard to play against. Kreider is obviously WAY more skilled than Neil, but the same idea is there.

Archived