The Wings put out the Stars 5-2

yave1964

Thoughts on last nights game, won by the Wings 5-2.

First a few comments on the Stars.

I saw Rynnas play in Cleveland a few years ago when he was a member of the Marlies, I really thought he was going to be a good one. Playing in desperation, his second call up this year, he was awful last night giving up at least two that he should have saved.

I studied John Klingerg last night, good first pass but looks very raw in his own zone. I have him on my fantasy teams but he does not seem to have playing defense in the NHL down yet, not even lose. Paired wih a shut down vet that might be fine but Dallas, well, their defense is wretched right now, having given up five goals for 4 straight games.

Forgetting Scevior's goal, the Stars really only seemed to role one line. The rest seemed to operate like other teams 4th lines.

Now the Wings

My God is Weiss playing out of his rear. Gotta love it, i did not expect this, i know that a few guys in here kept a candle lit for him but nobody could have seen the way he is playing.

Good to see Helm net a couple of goals, he has been playing his butt off, he seems to be getting better every game.

QUINCEY!!! Holy cow,  fight the other night, tough rugged defense, and now an actual bonafide NHL Goal!! Another guy who as been working his tail off and now he gets the rewards.

The goal in the first right after Helm scored was a rare mental breakdown by Zetterberg. He got caught napping and didn't pick up his man as the Stars went into the Wings zone. Good to see the Wings win by three when the Captain has a bad game. In years past, the Wings went as Z and Pavel went, now the scoring is evenly spread and everyone is responsible in both ends.

Jurco now has 9 points in 9 games. After a slow start he has rewarded Babs faith by being a serious force on the 3rd or even 4th line.

Howard was solid but Dallas really is out ofsorts right now. Many of their shots were fired directly into his mid section without a lot of work being done on Howie's part.

The Rangers are next in two days, its good to beat the King!

Thoughts on last nights game, won by the Wings 5-2.

First a few comments on the Stars.

I saw Rynnas play in Cleveland a few years ago when he was a member of the Marlies, I really thought he was going to be a good one. Playing in desperation, his second call up this year, he was awful last night giving up at least two that he should have saved.

I studied John Klingerg last night, good first pass but looks very raw in his own zone. I have him on my fantasy teams but he does not seem to have playing defense in the NHL down yet, not even lose. Paired wih a shut down vet that might be fine but Dallas, well, their defense is wretched right now, having given up five goals for 4 straight games.

Forgetting Scevior's goal, the Stars really only seemed to role one line. The rest seemed to operate like other teams 4th lines.

Now the Wings

My God is Weiss playing out of his rear. Gotta love it, i did not expect this, i know that a few guys in here kept a candle lit for him but nobody could have seen the way he is playing.

Good to see Helm net a couple of goals, he has been playing his butt off, he seems to be getting better every game.

QUINCEY!!! Holy cow,  fight the other night, tough rugged defense, and now an actual bonafide NHL Goal!! Another guy who as been working his tail off and now he gets the rewards.

The goal in the first right after Helm scored was a rare mental breakdown by Zetterberg. He got caught napping and didn't pick up his man as the Stars went into the Wings zone. Good to see the Wings win by three when the Captain has a bad game. In years past, the Wings went as Z and Pavel went, now the scoring is evenly spread and everyone is responsible in both ends.

Jurco now has 9 points in 9 games. After a slow start he has rewarded Babs faith by being a serious force on the 3rd or even 4th line.

Howard was solid but Dallas really is out ofsorts right now. Many of their shots were fired directly into his mid section without a lot of work being done on Howie's part.

The Rangers are next in two days, its good to beat the King!

I don't disagree that he has to work on his defense. However, his billing is that he is pretty much Sergei Zubov reborn. Zubov was pretty putrid in his own zone early in his career. I watched some of the game and it seemed Klingberg just had a bad game. It happens. He was lights out in several other games. He was only on the ice for 1 goal against despite that.

I still think it is impressive that Dallas lost to Toronto 5-3. Seguin and Benn both -3, yet Klingberg managed to be a +3 in that game, a factor in every goal Dallas scored.

Likewise they lost to Colorado 5-2, and Klingberg was +1 with no goals against while he was on the ice.

Raw he may be, but not the reason they are losing.

Archived