Lightning recall forward Vladislav Namestnikov from Syracuse

HockeyLady

Glad to hear Vlad Name is getting another crack at the NHL.

Interested to see how his game has evolved since he was last here.

He wasn't really bad last time around, though he obviously lagged behind then linemate Nikita Kuchervov, who is having a fantastic season.

Only thing that bothers me here is, Name is getting called up because Cedric Paquette is 'day to day' with an upper body injury.

Name may turn out to be a good player, but Paquette was having a good season himself in the here and now....plus he brings a physical element that not many among the forwards seem to bring on a regular basis.

Glad for Name, but hopefully, Paquette isn't out for too long.

@HockeyLady82

I recently acquired Vladi in a trade in my keeper league. He was part of a package that saw me ship out Evander Kane (I too got sick of his antics). I'm quite excited by his skillset and the opportunity to play (hopefully) alongside Drouin and other talented 'Bolts players. What do you know about him other than what I can find with a google search? He seems both skilled and smart. 

Aaaaaand Vlad Name is back down again.

From the Bolts website:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=753188

It's not a big deal at this point in time.

The Bolts have already proven they will bring along the younger talent slowly and when the time is right.

Namestnikov was originally called up to spell Cedric Paquette who was/is day to day with an upper body injury.

No word yet on Paquette as of this posting, but I would assume he may be ready to go by the time the Bolts play again on Sunday if Name is being sent back down.

Bolts want to make sure Namesnikov is fully ready and in the AHL he will get regular top line playing time.

If I may, I will tackle your Q, @Podein25

Now, I am not a Namestnikov expert, but from what I've seen of him, he seems to be a quick, table setting type player, good skater, and one that requires good snipers in order to get the most out of him.

If I can make a comparison, he seems to me a less experienced version of Minnesota's Mikael Granlund. Not that Granlund has a ton of experience himself, but certainly more than Names does.

This also means Names has top six potential, but will need some seasoning in order to fully realize his potential with regards to positioning on ice.

Granlund was sent up and down with the Wild in order to learn how to play AWAY from the puck and react better to the close quarters North American game...i suspect the Bolts are doing something similar with Namestnikov who, again, seems to possess the same types of skills on the ice.

Namestnikov made the team out of camp, playing on a third line with Nikita Kucherov and JT Brown. He did well, but Kucherov advanced quicker, JT Brown has proven to be more of a checker than a production guy, and Namestnikov needed to find his way UP the Bolts hierarchy, and Stevie Y thought best he could do it playing regular minutes in the AHL while acclimated himself to the Western game.

Interestingly, Namestnikov's name has been mentioned in a few trade rumors.....not because the Bolts are unhappy with him, but because the Bolts may be interested in acquiring a good NHL player (defenseman preferably) and teams always seem to start the conversation with "What about Namestnikov?"

So, apparently, other teams may like him as a long term top six player as well.

Hope that helps you out just a bit. :)

Aaaaaand Vlad Name is back down again.

From the Bolts website:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=753188

It's not a big deal at this point in time.

The Bolts have already proven they will bring along the younger talent slowly and when the time is right.

Namestnikov was originally called up to spell Cedric Paquette who was/is day to day with an upper body injury.

No word yet on Paquette as of this posting, but I would assume he may be ready to go by the time the Bolts play again on Sunday if Name is being sent back down.

Bolts want to make sure Namesnikov is fully ready and in the AHL he will get regular top line playing time.

If I may, I will tackle your Q, @Podein25

Now, I am not a Namestnikov expert, but from what I've seen of him, he seems to be a quick, table setting type player, good skater, and one that requires good snipers in order to get the most out of him.

If I can make a comparison, he seems to me a less experienced version of Minnesota's Mikael Granlund. Not that Granlund has a ton of experience himself, but certainly more than Names does.

This also means Names has top six potential, but will need some seasoning in order to fully realize his potential with regards to positioning on ice.

Granlund was sent up and down with the Wild in order to learn how to play AWAY from the puck and react better to the close quarters North American game...i suspect the Bolts are doing something similar with Namestnikov who, again, seems to possess the same types of skills on the ice.

Namestnikov made the team out of camp, playing on a third line with Nikita Kucherov and JT Brown. He did well, but Kucherov advanced quicker, JT Brown has proven to be more of a checker than a production guy, and Namestnikov needed to find his way UP the Bolts hierarchy, and Stevie Y thought best he could do it playing regular minutes in the AHL while acclimated himself to the Western game.

Interestingly, Namestnikov's name has been mentioned in a few trade rumors.....not because the Bolts are unhappy with him, but because the Bolts may be interested in acquiring a good NHL player (defenseman preferably) and teams always seem to start the conversation with "What about Namestnikov?"

So, apparently, other teams may like him as a long term top six player as well.

Hope that helps you out just a bit. :)

Cheers. Helpful stuff.

Archived