Wings record against atlantic division

Thrasher1993

Hey everyone,

I know it's the season and playoffs are an entire different hockey game but the Wings record against the Bruins, Lightning and Canadians is a tad concerning. They are 1-7 against those three, and it is looking more and more likely that the Wings will draw the Lightning in the first round. I also can't stand watching the Canadians play. They are the most boring team ever, they sit back and just limit scoring chances, playing no offense whatsoever, because Carey Price will basically only be beat by a perfect shot. They have won so many 1-0 games lately (2-0 against us because of empty netter). It is a snoozefest and I think they may start to become my most hated rival. I can't stand Gallagher or Plekanec or Galchenyuk at all

Hey everyone,

I know it's the season and playoffs are an entire different hockey game but the Wings record against the Bruins, Lightning and Canadians is a tad concerning. They are 1-7 against those three, and it is looking more and more likely that the Wings will draw the Lightning in the first round. I also can't stand watching the Canadians play. They are the most boring team ever, they sit back and just limit scoring chances, playing no offense whatsoever, because Carey Price will basically only be beat by a perfect shot. They have won so many 1-0 games lately (2-0 against us because of empty netter). It is a snoozefest and I think they may start to become my most hated rival. I can't stand Gallagher or Plekanec or Galchenyuk at all

Well, I know it's not the kind of game I want to see every game, but I have to admit that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed last night's game other than, of course, the outcome.

Having said that, it is becoming obvious that as good as the Red Wings are, that if they go into the SCPs as they are now, with the likely road they will have to travel, it is UNlikely that they have what it takes to raise the Cup this year without making an acquisition. And now that Myers is off the table, I'm not sure that of the players that are left and are realistically attainable before the deadline that any of them would be enough to push them over the top.

I think it looks better for next year to be honest. I see this team only getting better in the next few years. And I will GLADLY eat my words if they would like to make me! But that is how I see it, and I am OK with it. The cost for Myers would have been too high. I think Holland's smartest move may be no move at all this season. That's not horrible news from where I sit.

Have to agree with @SpikeDDS on this.  The back-and-forth low scoring games are my favorite.  But @Thrasher1993 you do make a good point.  The Wings have been playing exceptionally well this season, against teams in our own division and that disturbing, since that who we'd draw in the first round of the playoffs.  It would be by far our toughest task.  If they can get through that, they have a real shot at the Cup from there on out.

@Thrasher1993@SpikeDDS@WingNut722

One of the three will win the division. The Wings and Habs have been in a bit of a funk, (every team goes through it) and the Lightning have played more games even tho they have more points. So really, if the Wings or Habs turn it around any of the three could win the division.The 2 who do not win the division will play each other in the first round.

If we do not win the division, I would rather face the Bolts than the Habs mostly because of the goalies. Carey Price is by far the number one goalie I wouldn't want to face in a series, I am not ripping Ben Bishop AT ALL but I feel we match up better with him, I am not convinced Bishop is not a product of a damn good Lightning team, an above average but not elite netminder who could be taken down in a series.

But lets just win the division and let the two of them duke it out. I would sooooooo much rather take on either the Bruins or the Panthers in the first round. We make it past the next five games and we are in the home stretch with more home games than road and the schedule favors us tremendously. January and February were the two toughest months of our schedule, it gets easier and the division title and possibly the number one seed in the East are within our grasp. Like I said, beat the undermanned Bruins in the first, take on the beaten up winner of the Habs/Bolts and then go from there. Home ice could be huge, I think we need 7 or 8 points over the next 5 games on the road trip and if that happens, lets think big and just win the division.

Archived