A different perspective on adversity...

Polaris922

A lot if Pens fans seem pretty worried about making the playoffs this season, and for good reason. The Pens are on a slide... And it's a bad one. They've lost four in a row, and eleven of their last fifteen games...

Thank goodness! I'm cheering for the adversity. I WANT them to barely squeak by and just back into the playoffs by a hair. I want them faced with the very real chance if not making it.

Why? Because I'm tired of them waltzing into the playoffs like it was a predetermined route for them. I want them to face the adversity of having to rally to get there. Feeling like they have to fight to make it.

I want them awake for the playoffs. Desperate. Threatened. Feeling like they're the underdogs and have to fight to prove something again.

We get that out of them, and we just might go pretty far...

A lot if Pens fans seem pretty worried about making the playoffs this season, and for good reason. The Pens are on a slide... And it's a bad one. They've lost four in a row, and eleven of their last fifteen games...

Thank goodness! I'm cheering for the adversity. I WANT them to barely squeak by and just back into the playoffs by a hair. I want them faced with the very real chance if not making it.

Why? Because I'm tired of them waltzing into the playoffs like it was a predetermined route for them. I want them to face the adversity of having to rally to get there. Feeling like they have to fight to make it.

I want them awake for the playoffs. Desperate. Threatened. Feeling like they're the underdogs and have to fight to prove something again.

We get that out of them, and we just might go pretty far...

Well said.  A little (OK - a lot) of adversity now may pay off when faced with it in the post-season. 

In the meantime, just beat the Islanders.

Archived