Farewell, Coach Reed

ScottM

635646050591862180-mark-reeds.jpg

All is not sunshine and roses in Ottawa today, as Senators assistant Mark Reed has lost his battle with cancer at the far too young age of 55. As a Senators fan, I'd like to say that I'm appreciative of the effort that he put into the team, and head coach Dave Cameron has said that he was instrumental in the team's late run. As someone who has lost far more loved ones than I'd care to think about to that horrible disease, my prayers go out for his family.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/04/14/senators-asst-coach-mark-reeds-dies-of-cancer-at-age-55

@ScottM

I thought the also announced on Saturday that the GM also has cancer, do I have that right?

Such a shame...

It's actually been known for a while that Murray has cancer, but you are correct that there has been a diagnosis. There are two diseases that I hate with a particular passion because of what I've watched them do to people close to me: cancer and Alzheimer's. I haven't been a fan of Murray as a GM over the years, which is something I've said on this board before, but in his fight against cancer, I'm his biggest fan in the world. I look forward to the day we can finally call that horrible disease cured.

Archived