Net Crashing/Screening /Getting to know the other Team's Goalie

Guest The Quigster

Are these options available to the Flyers ? The Flyers don't have one player that goes to the net and stays there.John LeClair got fifty goals a season this way,he just parked his butt in the crease and stayed there,pretty simple. Jagr used to score a ton of goals in close,not the way Lavi uses him. Complaints aplenty about JVR's lack of a hands on,but this whole team plays the same way.The only player with the physical skills is Shelley,Lavi should,let him go to the net and see who clears him out. Like LeClair maybe Shelley could put some scraps in the net,couldn't hurt to try. The Flyers courtesy of Lavi are regressing at a rapid rate,they can't beat teams that play physical,even Winnipeg. Seem like Lavi has separated "The broad st. bullies" from the Flyers!

Wayne the Train (allow me to pause... that's awesome) used to do it all the time but has gotten away from it from time to time. When he first got here I'd watch him park right in front of the goalie right away and I'd proclaim "FINALLY!!!" but now he kinda seems to do the half assed version of being there, but still off to the side. You know, the kind of "I want to tip the puck on the way in" stance, not the "I'm screening the goalie" stance. Screening the goalie invites punishment and it takes determination to get in there and do it all the time. Hell, LeClair got a bad back because of it so I don't blame these guys for being a little hesitant to get in there and screen the goalie 100% of the time but they absolutely need to get back to it and only 2 players going there is not enough.

If you change out Shelley with Sestito, I agree 100%