Checking for Charity

AJgoal

So, for those in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area, this weekend there is a charity hockey tournament at the Voorhees and Pennsauken skatezones, as well as at the Igloo in Mount Laurel called "Checking for Charity." Among the players expected to participate are Danny Briere, TJ Brennan, Johnny Gaudreau, and a forum poster known as AJ:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2015/08/12/competition-fundraising-grows-checking-charity/31553633/

There is also a sister tournament located in Beaverton, OR this weekend. Games are free to watch, and I'm told it's a great time. Good opportunity to see some good (or bad, in my case) hockey. Not sure where else to put this up on the forum.

So far it's been fun, though my team has not done well. Watched a bit of Danny Briere's team last night, was surreal seeing him on the first line again. He had a teammate wearing #76 that looked just like P.K. Subban. Pretty sure it wasn't him, we would've heard if he was playing I would think, but darned if several of us weren't doing double takes. Johnny Gaudreau's team has torn it up in A, though I haven't been able to catch those games.

Archived