First Coaches challenge results in overturning Petry's goal

hf101

I think it was great. Anything that takes a goal away from the Habs is all good in my books. :P

But it kind of begs the question: Why wasn't this called during the original play?? It's not like the ref's focus could have been anywhere else..... :blink[1]:

I think it was great. Anything that takes a goal away from the Habs is all good in my books. :P

But it kind of begs the question: Why wasn't this called during the original play?? It's not like the ref's focus could have been anywhere else..... :blink[1]:

I dunno if this applies to this particular circumstance, because I don't know who was officiating this game, but the fact is they ALL make mistakes. The coaches' challenge just tries to get the game closer to where it should really be.

I love when people try to argue that it takes away from the "authenticity" of the game, as if ERRORS make hockey authentic or better. I hear this even MORE with soccer.

Glad we don't try that argument with surgery: "Nah, we don't need to improve technology to try to make surgery more successful. Errors are a natural part of surgery. We should champion them not work to eliminate them!"

Brilliant!

No, this is good for the game so long as they are kept succinct and relatively rare. It'll be interesting to see what percentage of challenges are upheld. I think it will spur officials to be on their toes and make better calls.

Archived