The Canadiens' Start

HockeyNoob

I would have thought the 70's teams would have gotten off to a 7-0 or 8-0 start ....shocking. I think it was the 78 team that only had 9 losses on the year.

Their 'best' season (modern era) was 1976/77 when they played 80 games and their record was 60 wins, 8 losses and 12 ties.

That's 132 points.

The Leafs were responsible for 1 of those losses and two of the ties.

Wonder what their record would have been if they had OT/SO's ???? It could not have been any less at any rate...

they have built a team around him through smart drafting and they are going to make waves.

I think Bergevin is a hell of a GM. He gets the pieces needed to fit holes. Therien (Who's, IMHO, a dope) has the huge advantage of four competitive lines. I don't think Montreal is a powerhouse, but they're better than last year. And last year, they did great.

The Leafs were responsible for 1 of those losses and two of the ties.

I did not know that, but somehow I feel dirty now that I have that unsettling knowledge...ha ha.

Their 'best' season (modern era) was 1976/77 when they played 80 games and their record was 60 wins, 8 losses and 12 ties.

That's 132 points.

Even with the leagues present day 3 on 3 and shootout fiasco's, an obvious attempts to ramp up the pt totals, no one can still even come close, a true testament to just how great that 77 team was.

Archived