Back in the Swing

WingNut722

Pretty thrilled the way the Wings played last night.  The flurry of action in the last five minutes was unbelievable.  Playoff-style hockey!  These are two teams with a lot of respect for each other.  Larkin is crazy.  He's everywhere!  I know McDavid and Eichel are getting all the attention, but if this kid keeps up, he may have some Calder Trophy speculation.

Also, another note, is it me or did the Bolts have a hard time with offside infractions last night?  It seems everytime they had the potential for a decent entry, they were called for offsides.  Is this an isolated incident or an issue they're having as a team?  It could have led to a number of quality scoring chances.

Nevertheless, I love the way the Wings are playing now.  First back-to-back victories since the season opened!  

They seem to have fixed a lot of their defensive lapses by meeting the other team at the blueline and contesting the puck the moment it enters the zone. A little worried that it took so long to fix, but fix it they did.

Cannot wait to get Pavel and then richards and Green back into the lineup.

@yave1964@WingNut722

Another very good goaltending performance by Jimmy Howard. However, I was starting to wonder if Jimmy might have installed magnets within the goal pipes and imbedded metal in the puck, cuz the Bolts could not seem to miss the pipes last night! Almost as many clangs off the iron as offsides calls! ;-D

Archived