Pulkkinen

Old School Hockey

6 hours ago, Old School Hockey said:

I am growing very thin with this guy.  All he does is blast the with ZERO accuracy.  No defense and just isn't hockey smart for the NHL.  You can just lineup and blast into players.  He is NOT Brett Hull.

I am TIRED OF HIM.

No he does more than just fire a slap shot seven feet off target with alarming regularity.

He also draws stupid penalties with alarming regularity as well.

I am beginning to think he has the Hockey IQ of a gnat.

• 1 month later...

THANK GOD the boys got it together last night after that god Awful first period. Worst period of Hockey the Wings have played all year. Simply dreadful. Impossible to describe how badly they needed the two points last night.

Totally off subject the Wings did sign coveted college free agent Dan RenoufDan Renoufwho was considered the top College free agent out these, kind of like we signed Danny DK a few years ago. Renouf is going to get an amateur tryout with the Grand Rapids Griffins for the rest of the year and if he looks like the real deal in the pros he has a legit shot at a regular job in the defensive rotation with the Wings next year. a big guy, 6 foot 3 or 4, a nasty hard shot is what the scouts are raving about and not afraid to get rough. The scouts are raving about his combination of skill that he brings to the table.

Okay, that is that. Back to Pulkinnen.

I loved him at Grand Rapids but worried in here last year if his big slapper would translate to the NHL. It has not. Time to move him if we can.

Archived