Consistency

Jdettro

21 hours ago, Jdettro said:

I'm wondering what people think about the Redwings consistency this year. Some games they look like a playoff team, but other games they appear to be lacking. Thoughts?

What are you talking about? We are VERY consistently inconsisent! :)

Please see the thread "Why we are not contenders" for more in-depth thought and analysis on this very topic.

My $.02 is that a lack of net front presence in our game is the main reason for our offensive inconsistency. When games are more wide open, we look like champs. When games are tighter defensively...<crickets> And in a playoff environment, we're gonna see a lot more of the latter than the former. Does not bode well for a long playoff run.

Defensively, I have to withhold judgment, because we have been missing two of our top 3 D-men until last night, when Kronwall returned. When Ericsson returns, I think our defensive consistency will return also once he and Kroner get up to speed, which may take a few games. hey've been out for a while.

Goaltending, it has only been a blip of late for a few games. Howard was consistently mediocre until his last game. He had been good for the first half of the season. Mrazek had 2 bad games, but otherwise, he has been close to stellar. He let in one goal he'd like to have back last night, but he was otherwise solid and at times fantastic. I'm less worried about Mrazek than any other part of our game. He has been the closest to consistently excellent as compared with any other Wing.

On 2/23/2016 at 11:55 AM, Jdettro said:

I'm wondering what people think about the Redwings consistency this year. Some games they look like a playoff team, but other games they appear to be lacking. Thoughts?

And I just noticed this was your first post. Welcome to HF!

Your Jackets looked pretty solid last night. Boone Jenner was trouble, and McIlheny (however you spell that name) had an impressive game too.

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Jdettro said:

Welcome to the Forum! Great bunch of posters in here, We welcome all!

Yeah the Wings are hot and cold. Been a rough year so far.

@Jdettro

Welcome!!  Hope you enjoy the conversations here!

There have been a lot of discussions on the look and feel of the Wings this season, particularly among the three posters here!  The fun part is discussing which aspect of their game is in most crucial need of improvement.  Some say defense, some say goaltending.  What about you?  If you were Ken Holland, what would you do by the trade deadline?

Archived