What do you do?

notfondajane

OK Red Wings fans, here is the situation! Red Wings have the 2nd wild card spot, 3 points behind the Pens and 1 point ahead of the dreaded Flyers. While your beloved Wings play the Panthers on Saturday, the Penguins play those Flyers! My question to all of you Wings fans, is who are you rooting for, Flyers if you are looking to move up in the standings or the Penguins if you want distant from the Flyers? Both sides of the coin is based on the Wings winning their game against the Panthers!

3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

OK Red Wings fans, here is the situation! Red Wings have the 2nd wild card spot, 3 points behind the Pens and 1 point ahead of the dreaded Flyers. While your beloved Wings play the Panthers on Saturday, the Penguins play those Flyers! My question to all of you Wings fans, is who are you rooting for, Flyers if you are looking to move up in the standings or the Penguins if you want distant from the Flyers? Both sides of the coin is based on the Wings winning their game against the Panthers!

Definitely the <gulp>...sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little...Pens. Trust me that this has only to do with the RWs getting to the playoffs, not about how much I like or dislike Pittsburgh vs. Philly, or even how we match up with them, because chances are almost zero that we would see either team in the SCPs.

Philly is down one point, but they have 2 more games to play than we do for a net of +3 points. Pittsburgh is up 3 and has one more game to play for a potential +5. If everybody wins out otherwise, we can't catch the Pens or the Flyers anyway, no matter who wins your game. If each team falters a little, Philly is more reachable, but especially if they lose to the Pens. Pittsburgh is up on us in ROW, while we are ahead of Philly, for now. We are NOT going to pass both, so if we make it, we are WC2 for sure, and that means Washington in the first round.

Truthfully, I am a Red Wing fan that (almost) couldn't care less about the playoff streak, because we have NO shot at a Cup even if we continue it. IF we are to make the playoffs, it will almost certainly mean a quick exit in the first round at the hands of the Caps, so what good does that do us? That's what we've done for how many seasons in a row now? To me, if we get in, we get in. We should try, but it's not that big a deal if we don't. Our best shot is to catch the Flyers, although I think I like how you guys have played lately vs. the Pens, and I almost expect a falter more likely from Pittsburgh than the Flyers. But I'm still going with the math, and so with a barf bag handy, I'll be rooting for the--MAN it's hard to say it--Pens.

5 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Absolutely no ifs and or buts the Penguins. Crosby is playing like a man possessed and looks as if he will carry the Penguins to a playoff spot even if nobody else shows up, I think the Wings best chance of making the postseason is if the Pens sweep the Flyers in their meetings ina bunch of two point games.

Archived