Analyzing the MarLeafs final four games (as though they mean something)...

The MarLeafs final four games:

• Apr. 4: Florida Panthers
  • Apr. 6: Columbus Blue Jackets
  • Apr. 7: Philadelphia Flyers
  • Apr. 9: New Jersey Devils

The Panthers are home and cool, so they might take a night off against the Leafs. Gotta be vigilant here to avoid any points. 

The Blow Jackets are going to be tough to lose to. It's tank vs tank. Fingers crossed for a 0-0 game and just give both teams the loss.

The Flyers may have clinched a playoff spot by the time they play the Leafs. Here's hoping they haven't yet, and the Leafs can be that final game that guarantees them a spot. We need a motivated Flyers group to do their thing. 

The Devils are done, and will be an easy opponent. Leafs will probably snag 2 points here. The question is whether Edmonton will win any of their remaining games or not. It's unlikely. 

I can foresee a 2-2 finish, with the Leafs winning against Columbus and New Jersey. That would mean finishing with 71 points and we lose our bottom spot to Edmonton.  :cry:

I have to agree, @WordsOfWisdom. Our only hope is that the Leafs play Bozak and Marincin a LOT and we lose all 4 games - even then we might not. Babs has these boys on their toes most of the time, and I don't think anyone in the NHL would say they would like to play the Leafs any more. Besides, there is only one team in that group (Flyers) who even care if they win or lose. It's the silly season.....

We just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for a sign from the lottery gods! Wait, that's what we've been doing all along.....

Edit: I think we might actually go 3 and 1.....:cry:

On 04/04/2016 at 8:25 AM, BluPuk said:

I have to agree, @WordsOfWisdom. Our only hope is that the Leafs play Bozak and Marincin a LOT and we lose all 4 games - even then we might not. Babs has these boys on their toes most of the time, and I don't think anyone in the NHL would say they would like to play the Leafs any more. Besides, there is only one team in that group (Flyers) who even care if they win or lose. It's the silly season.....

We just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for a sign from the lottery gods! Wait, that's what we've been doing all along.....

Edit: I think we might actually go 3 and 1.....:cry:

1 down, 3 to go!  :goodjob:

Archived