Scott Stevens hired as Assistant coach of the Wild

hf101

Nothing like a hate the player / luv the coaching signing here for the Wild.   :572958dc408d9_shakeshead:

Although I'm not a huge fan of either Brodreau or Stevens I think that this is a great mix for the Wild and it gives them a strong minded coaching staff to deal with some of the veteran players that ran the last two coaches out of town.

Well, here comes the roster and coaching turnover......

Hate to say it, but the Wild DO need a shake up.

Not all sure if Stevens is the man to help the team along (not sure about Boudreau either yet), but one thing is for sure: These two have a very focused opinion on how teams should play.

And it appears, BOTH favor a heavier, hard hitting style, mixed in with some finesse.

Like I said in the Coach Boudreau thread, that is all well n good (on paper, it is fantastic), but the proof will be in the playing and the championship caliber play.

I still think the currently constructed Minnesota Wild are poorly equipped to play a Boudreau OR a Stevens style of play. Which means, I expect some players to be replaced.

And will this all lead to a championship? Or will it simply lead to a Minnesota Wild team that makes the playoffs every year, but never wins anything, ala the St. Louis Blues?

Time will tell that as well.

For the here and now, I will say I am excited about having a Boudreau / Stevens combination to spice things up in the State of Hockey.

I would like some championships to follow though............Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, and Ryan Suter (three of the most expensive Wild players) aren't getting any younger ya know....

Archived