Early Lacrosse Paintings

james laverance

Lacrosse is considered to be the oldest hockey-related game in the world first played by the Cherokee in the Southeast back in 1100ad.indian_ball_game_1400x1121.jpg                                                             

Lacrosse played on Ice by the Sioux in South Dakota (Now Minnesota) in 1848

normal.jpg?1325708640

Image of an Ice Lacrosse game from Connecticut from 1859

ag-obj-6261-006-pub-large.jpg

No actually I have never played the sport though extremely interesting game.The positions in hockey were mostly borrowed from " stickball "(lacrosse).

Goalkeeper

Point

Coverpoint 

Defense 

Center

Wings

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/lacrosse-player-positions-sport-basics-explained

22 hours ago, james laverance said:

No actually I have never played the sport though extremely interesting game.The positions in hockey were mostly borrowed from " stickball "(lacrosse).

Goalkeeper

Point

Coverpoint 

Defense 

Center

Wings

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/lacrosse-player-positions-sport-basics-explained

LOL, I played lacrosse since I was 5 and never heard of those positions like "Coverpoint"

Great sport. In Canada, the game had a slogan (I think it was an official slogan of the Canadian Box Lacrosse Assoc.): "Lacrosse: the fastest game on two feet," which I always liked. I had a licence plate with that on it I think.

Archived