Comcast Now Owns 100% of Flyers

radoran

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2016/09/22/comcast-buys-ed-sniders-stake-in-comcast-spectacor.html?ana=twt

Comcast Corporation has reached an agreement to purchase Ed Snider’s 24 percent stake in Comcast Spectacor.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed

Comcast will own 100 percent of the company that owns the Philadelphia Flyers the Wells Fargo Center and the Spectra businesses. Spectra operates venue management, food services and hospitality, and ticketing and Fan Engagement divisions.

The transaction related to the Flyers is subject to the approval of the National Hockey League, which is expected to consider the matter at its scheduled Board of Governors’ meeting tomorrow in New York.

FWIW, I still like 'em anyway!

:flyer:

That's apparently exactly how Snider wanted it. He began a succession plan years ago, and David Scott was handpicked by him.

For all the criticism Snider received over the years, there was no questioning his passion for the game, the team, the players, and the community. That doesn't show up on a balance sheet.

2 hours ago, brelic said:

That's apparently exactly how Snider wanted it. He began a succession plan years ago, and David Scott was handpicked by him.

For all the criticism Snider received over the years, there was no questioning his passion for the game, the team, the players, and the community. That doesn't show up on a balance sheet.

It does when you consider the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation or the rinks across Philadelphia he's helped to start and/or maintain. Which, as you note, reflects his commitment to the game and the community.

Comcast is one of the most tight-fisted organizations in the City when it comes to giving money.

I've got the program from the Ed Snider Memorial framed in my Flyer Kitchen. 

I don't have Comcast as a cable/internet provider. :hocky:

Archived