I've Had it with Klefbom

Parture

9 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

This seems like the perfect solution to a pressing problem. Draisaitl is being wasted on an ineffective 3rd line. The guy needs to be playing top 6 minutes with more established players. RNH is not built for the wing, so he is the 2nd line center by default. Gotta wonder what RNH's ceiling is at this point. I believe he can still be an effective player, but there is increasing doubt about RNH being worthy of his loftly draft spot.

I would argue that he IS an effective player, but not a heavy point producer. In his first year in the league, he was a point-per-game producer (albeit with a shooting percentage which made it lean towards non-sustainability) who has become more and more determined to be a two-way player. I think this desire only grew with the drafting of Connor McDavid.

During his career as an Oiler, the team has scored 50% of the goals while he's on the ice. While he's sitting on the bench or not playing? 37.8%

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is not what I'm worried about.

10 hours ago, jammer2 said:

This seems like the perfect solution to a pressing problem. Draisaitl is being wasted on an ineffective 3rd line. The guy needs to be playing top 6 minutes with more established players. RNH is not built for the wing, so he is the 2nd line center by default. Gotta wonder what RNH's ceiling is at this point. I believe he can still be an effective player, but there is increasing doubt about RNH being worthy of his loftly draft spot.

It's hard to take Draisaitl off the 3rd line center and play the right wing on the 1st or 2nd line because his face off percentage is so good. But that would be neat to see something like this...

Lucic-McD-Drais

OR

Poul-RNH-Drais

So I would like to see this to really utilize Draisaitl (Eberle is useless and his +/- shows it, -1 this season, and carreer -52). We don't need Eberle. We could trade him for a better +/- player.

Lucic-McD-Drais

Poul-RNH-Pulju

Maroon-Cagg-Kass

Lander-Letest-Pitlick

11 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

why are they the only part of his game you speak of?

It is not the only thing I speak of. I am sure Klef does some good things. But what was the direct result of losing is what is important to point out. I discussed why the Oilers lost against Buffalo and Toronto and it was Klefbom's fault 100%. Watch the replays that led to the goals on the Oilers. We would have won those two games if Klefbom didn't make those thoughtless mistakes, not clearing the puck, that led to a goal against the Oilers.

Solution: I forecast Klefbom will continue to make these mistakes, causing the Oilers to lose games, and never learn form these lessons. He will be the bane of my existence this season. So get rid of him. I am sure he is a nice guy, but he is not what the Oilers need. He is -31 going into the season.

Davidson-Larsson

Russell-Sekera

Nurse-Gryba/Benning

Simple and sweet solution!

14 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

And Larsson completely lost coverage on the goal scorer in front of the net. It wasn't just one guy.

Larsson wouldn't have been presented with such a difficult situation if Klefbom didn't back up as much as he did on the rush against the Oilers. Larsson's situation was a crapshoot. Klefbom should have been more aggressive at the blue line.

7 minutes ago, Parture said:

Larsson wouldn't have been presented with such a difficult situation if Klefbom didn't back up as much as he did on the rush against the Oilers. Larsson's situation was a crapshoot. Klefbom should have been more aggressive at the blue line.

And if Eberle hadn't made such an ineffectual check on the puck carrier, Klefbom wouldn't have had to blah, blah, blah... Most goals come as a result of a series of breakdowns, each player forced to make quick decisions. I saw several players make poor ones.

https://www.nhl.com/video/grabner-puts-home-loose-puck/t-283040780/c-45980603

Klefbom was on the ice for 1 GA, Eberle 5, Lucic 4... I'd say that 27 and 14 were bigger culprits in this game.

EDIT - Nurse, sadly, made a very bad decision to chase on the GWG. Benning was trapped in the corner, and Lucic kinda stood there and watched Nash put it in.

3 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

And if Eberle hadn't made such an ineffectual check on the puck carrier, Klefbom wouldn't have had to blah, blah, blah... Most goals come as a result of a series of breakdowns, each player forced to make quick decisions. I saw several players make poor ones.

https://www.nhl.com/video/grabner-puts-home-loose-puck/t-283040780/c-45980603

Klefbom was on the ice for 1 GA, Eberle 5, Lucic 4... I'd say that 27 and 14 were bigger culprits in this game.

Ebs' situation was kind of dicey. The only clear thing was Klef should have been more aggressive on the blue line. He backed up so far. I hate it when defenseman do that. They back up all the way to the goalie.

Letestu can't take a simple pass for NYR 3rd goal. Letestu was -21 last season the worst on the team.

1 minute ago, Parture said:

Ebs' situation was kind of dicey. The only clear thing was Klef should have been more aggressive on the blue line. He backed up so far. I hate it when defenseman do that. They back up all the way to the goalie.

Oh, his gap was too big. There's no two ways about it.

So far the 3 faults by the Oilers that led to 3 GA are Klefbom, RNH, Letestu.

Sekera is in total control of the puck and could have passed it to the other defenseman but gives it up with a bad pass for a shot on Talbot.

And this is why you don't want Benning, but Gryba instead for the 4th goal on Talbot. What a total colossal failure.

Who's fault is it to place Benning on instead of Gryba. McLellan.

Oiler loving giving up a goal right after they score.

Letestu -21 is expected to create failures. I would rather not have a -21 player on the ice ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only solution to this problem is give Klefbom less ice time (he is the reason they Oilers have lost 3 games), replace Benning with Davidson or Gryba.

Klefbom has been integral in losing all 3 Oilers games.

I've had it with Klefbom. Oilers are falling apart piece by piece.

What's the solution? 

Lucic-McD-Pulju (Connor needs speed from Pulju; doesn't get it from Ebs)

Poul-RNH-Kass

Maroon-Drais-Ebs

Lander-Letestu-Pitlick

Davidson-Larsson

Russell-Sekera

Nurse-Gryba

&#(@ Klefbom and Ebs. Ebs was -4 on the night, -5 this season, career -56 (getting to -100 faster than I expected). Klefbom -2, career -33.

That will be a toxic mix putting Drais -2 with Eberle -5 this season. That's -21 and -56 career combined for a total of -77 Klefbom's number. Klef's career is -27.

There really is no solution the problem that is the Oilers.

As long as they hold onto Klef and Eberle and Letestu expect Hell on earth for the Oilers. This is the bare minimum.

38 minutes ago, Parture said:

Lucic-McD-Pulju (Connor needs speed from Pulju; doesn't get it from Ebs)

I like this.

One has to wonder what is with McClellan?  Why not tinker with the lines a bit.  It seems the early success this season has slowed the progress of building the most effective lines.

8 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I like this.

One has to wonder what is with McClellan?  Why not tinker with the lines a bit.  It seems the early success this season has slowed the progress of building the most effective lines.

Call it the curse of Eberle on the first line.

Archived