CHL Prospects game : Team Orr vs Team Cherry

jammer2

I'm watching the game right now, will post some thoughts as the night moves forward. Very excited to have 2 Spits, Valardi and goalie DiPietro participating. I guess they run the goalies through quickness and agility runs and DiPietro finished 1st. Not surprising, the kid has his work cut out for him, being a goalie under 6 feet, but his butterfly is SO quick, he gets up and down so very fast. Just a random comparison, but he plays a lot like Tony Esposito did back in the day, relies on his quickness and agility. 

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Wow.  Another Strome on the way.  Mr. & Mrs. Strome must think their name is Sutter.

I'm not sold on any of them either. People hear Strome and think, must be good, but really, what have they ever really done at the NHL level?  So far, none of them have proven that they are worthy of their draft status. 

WOW, wicked goal by Nico Hischier!! 

32 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Holy Schnike!!  What a save by DiPietro!

Very ironic that Valardi scored on DiPietro, not a nice goal, just in the right place in the right time, little chip over the pad but funny nonetheless. That save was NICE!!   I'm telling ya, this kid is under 6 feet and all that, but he is ELITE. Best Spits goalie ever, which is not saying a lot, but somebody is gonna get a real nice starting goalie in the 2nd round probably.

Thing is, Dieps is gonna be front and center in the Memorial Cup, against the best teams in the CHL. He will be judged on that tourny. He's doing all he can, best GGA and SV% in the OHL and tied for 5 shut outs. 

Archived