Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
  • Announcements

• hf101

NHL Game Highlights   10/24/2017

Check out our newest site feature - NHL Game Highlights located in Videos of main menu.

Prospects & Draft

Discussion of NHL prospects and drafts.

117 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 161 replies
    • 48 replies
    • 12 replies
  1. Filip Zadina

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. Draft Help

• 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 46 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Is the 2017 draft weak?

• 30 replies
  4. Jack Hughes

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
  5. Buttons Top 30

• 1 reply
    • 12 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Current Discussions in our NET

Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
        So just to review. You'd trade Jake's 37 overall points, 12 PP points, +5 rating in 19:30 minutes of ice time per night. along with Ghost's 22 overall points, 13 PP points, +2 rating in 21:00 minutes of ice time per night    for Hoffman's 21 overall points, 9PP points, -9 rating and in minutes of ice time per night and Karlsson's 18 points, 5 PP points, -16 rating in 25 minutes of ice time per night.     You'd be taking on $11.65 million in salary for 2 guys that average 27.5 years old in exchange $12.65 million in salary for 2 guys that average 26 years old and are producing better.     The only reason to do this would be to get Jake off the books sooner and that only works if you're not going to plan on keeping either Hoffman or Karlsson beyond their current contracts.     This deal would only make a lick of sense if you knew you had a UFA out there to replace Jake's production somewhere in the next two years (you're also going to need to replace Simmer's production in that same time frame btw) AND you expect Sanheim, Morin, Myers and or Friedman to be able to replace Ghost along a similar time frame.    Looking ahead aside from Tavares and Seguin (both centers) I'm just not sure I see any prospective RW UFA's in the next two years who are close to Jake's production, let alone two that are close to Jake and Simmer's production.     I don't do this deal.  Not even for the best defenseman in the world (who happens to be playing worse than the guy we'd be trading for him).  
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      pilldoc - Posted
        I guess it proves that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side and that a change of scenery does not always work ...ouch is right .....
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      ruxpin - Posted
       Period.  Full stop.  Yes, in the playoffs, but he wasn't like Guentzel and suddenly showed up then.   He was as good as it gets all year.   And the season before.    I completely get the hesitation on the feet.  I know the reference to Forsberg was initially mostly tongue in cheek so it's not worth my mentioning:  Forsberg was 32, Karlsson is 27.  You get him for 5 years, I do it.   The -16 is disturbing, but the vast majority of the team is negative.   Karlsson has been up and down in that category through his career.  On the other hand, the aforementioned Hoffman is -9 but was +17 last year.    The team is a mess, and it's really about 75% on the coach.  The goaltending blows, but that may be about the coach, too.   I think the hesitation on the feet is valid.   If we're entirely sure that his feet are okay AND we get Hoffman in it, then I do it.  I don't do it for Voracek + Ghost just for Karlsson.   I'd need some sort of scoring forward.   His brain dead spasms aside, the guy (Voracek) does put up points.   Ultimately, as much as I love Karlsson as a player, I think yours and KK's words of caution are justified.
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      Podein25 - Posted
          The guy has missed all of 5 games over 4 seasons, including 3 consecutive seasons without missing a game. It not an issue, so don't try to make it one.      Fair enough, for all the other reasons you state in your post. I'm not certain I'd do it, depending on the details.  
      Elliott tops league in 5v5 save %
      Philadelphia Flyers
      brelic - Posted
      And as if on cue, Elliott named 3rd star for the week.   Schenn is 1st star lol.
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
        Was never high on Duchene myself.  Always seemed like a lot of hype for... I'm not sure what.
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
        ...Until he got hurt.     You'll get no argument from me that Karlsson is an absolutely amazing player.  And no one played better than him in the playoffs last year.  Totally agreed.   The question I have is whether or not, he'll be able to do that here and by trading away our top producing forward, would this deal create a scenario in which the Flyers would absolutely NEED Karlsson to do absolutely everything?     Would they be able to sign Voracek & SImmonds replacements AND resign Karlsson in two years?   Karlsson might be able to take over a game in the playoffs when you really need him to...if he's healthy.   And he does put up great offensive numbers for a D man and they have been close to or surpassing Jake's offensive numbers in the last few seasons.     However, he's been -30 and -16 in his career and he's -16 again already this year.  Even when you take into account his 25-30 Power Play Points a season (which by the way Ghost already produces more PP points per game than Karlsson).   Even if you can get a healthy Karlsson and even if Hakstol lets him take over games in the playoffs, I still think you're giving up WAY too much in Ghost and Jake to get him that he will never hope to replace.  You're probably going to have to overpay him to keep him in two years.     As cool as he is and as much fun as it would be to have him, I neither see this team making any room for him to play the game that makes him so much fun to watch, nor see him as much of a help to this team's needs... ESPECIALLY the needs created by losing jake and ghost.     Pass.      
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.

About us

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and the great game of hockey in our Forums. Our members may write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more. If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent tweets

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free