2023 NHL Draft: Live Draft Thread Discussion

pilldoc

The 2023 NHL Entry Draft will be the 61st NHL Entry Draft. The draft will be held on June 28–29, 2023, at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.

The NHL Draft begins Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn.

All Live Discussion will be here .....

Feel free to make your top 10 guesses here........

Edited by pilldoc

My Guess: 

1. Chicago = Bedard (no Brainer)

2. Anaheim = Fantilli (consolation prize though I have read some scuttlebut about Leo Carlsson going #2)

3. Columbus = Carlsson (if Carlsson is indeed picked at #2 then Columbus goes with Fantilli)

4. San Jose = Smith (have read Sharks will take a top rated Center.  Not rulling out Michov here)

5. Montreal = Leonard (I believe it comes down to Leonard or Reinbacher .... if MTL goes Reinbacher then Yotes go Leonard)

6. Arizona  = Reinbacher (see my note above with Montreal)

7. Philadelphia = Michkov (much to the chagrin of many, I think DB will go Michkov here as the Flyers are 3+ yrs away. If Michkov is taken before the Flyers pick they will select whomever drops with Dvorsky a possibility.)

8. Washington = Dvorsky (If Michkov drops this far I can't see the Caps not selecting him.)

9. Detroit = Wood (The Red Wings need a scorer and Matt Wood fills the bill.  I could possibly see Oliver Moore go here or maybe Benson?)

10. St. Louis = I don't have a clue?  Nate Danielson or Defenseman such as Axel Sandin Pellikka?

So that is my guess for tonight ....what are yours?

6 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

I'm just wondering if the SJS are gonna go for the HR swing with Michkov.

Don't know ......  A lot of articles I have read are stating the opposite.  I'm sure the fanbase wants Michkov, not sure if their FO feels the same way.

Edited by pilldoc

Jeebus, @pilldoc
Was wondering if we had one of these and you were already 6 hours ahead of me!

So....do you tell fortunes as well? :bigteeth:

I'll be watching the draft tonight, boys.
I wonder...JUST WONDER...who will Chicago pick with the number one choice.
Tellin ya, I can't stand the suspense.

If suspense were a person, they'd need to be put on trial because it is killing me! :rolleyes: 

Tampa Bay, who didn't have a pick this year till the 6th round, got themselves back into the 2nd round, but, sadly, had to do it at the expense of gritty and skilled Ross Colton whom they traded to the Avs.
But, not only is it a second rounder, meaning they should get a good NHL level player, but it is MONTREAL'S second rounder the Avs dealt, so that also means it should be a high second!

Hope they find another Nikita Kucherov or Brayden Point (2nd and 3rd rounders respectively) in there with that second rounder :biggrin: 

Minnesota Wild have the 21st overall pick....but will they keep it?
Or trade some players and picks to move up?

Or maybe take a bunch lesser picks to move down?
Not sure....

• Like 1

I'm kinda chuckling because some of these announcers are just gushing about how good the Blackhawks are going to be "in short order".

Chuckling because those should know better than that. Takes more than a number one pick to be good enough to win a Cup, and it could still take awhile.
See Oilers, Rangers, Devils, Sabres and a few others....

• Like 1

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm kinda chuckling because some of these announcers are just gushing about how good the Blackhawks are going to be "in short order".

Chuckling because those should know better than that. Takes more than a number one pick to be good enough to win a Cup, and it could still take awhile.
See Oilers, Rangers, Devils, Sabres and a few others....

Hell the Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl ....BUT no goaltending .....

They are interviewing Bedard and they just told him his first game will be against the Penguins and Sidney Crosby.
Bedard said Crosby is his idol.

Before the game against the Penguins-----

Bedard: "Its gonna be unreal....get to play against my idol! Super cool!"

Day of game, Crosby crosschecks the rookie to welcome him to the NHL.
Then proceeds to trip him on several occasions, white washing him in scrums...
Finally, when the ref isn't looking, Crosby fakes a trip on Bedard's stick, causing the young man to go to the penalty box and the Pens win on a PP goal.

After the game against the Penguins-----
Bedard: "OMG...what a wussy crybaby, cheap shot b^%$#rd that Crosby is. Hate his guts!"  😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pilldoc said:

2. Anaheim = Fantilli (consolation prize though I have read some scuttlebut about Leo Carlsson going #2)

So it comes true ....Ducks get a great player....

Pat Verbeek as GM of the Ducks.
When I stared following the NHL back in the 90's, I remember him being a PITA type player.

I would trust in the "Nitty Gritty" one if I were a Ducks fan.
Verbeek spent some time as a scout for the Lightning years ago and was instrumental in finding talent where people least expected.
He knows his player types it seems!