2023 NHL Draft Lottery: Blackhawks Win It. Ducks, Jackets To Go 2nd and 3rd

OccamsRazor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please God...we've suffered enough over the last few decades.

We've had to put up with Homer as our GM. We watched Chicago win a lottery when we were clearly the lousiest team Holmgren could assemble while going for it. We got stuck with float queen JVR, not once, but twice. We watched Homer give a complete lunatic mediocre netminder a lifetime contract, while trading away a Vezina goalie to make room for him.

Then when lady luck finally seemed to favor us and grant us the 2nd overall pick, she ripped our hearts out with injury.

Then came the darkest time in Flyer history...the hiring of the dumbest GM I've ever seen in any sport including lawn bowling. We all had to watch as he brought in lazy slug after dumb player after douchebag, throw draft picks away like, well, like Paul Holmgren was running the team all over again. We may not be the lousiest team this year, but we  were well on our way to becoming just that, while ol' Fletch was going for it , when his campaign of Flyer destruction was cut short by a fan revolt. 

So please...just this one little favor....I beg of you...

256418.jpeg

I don’t know…you make a fine case but ugh all those self-inflicted wounds … I’m afraid the hockey gods will just laugh, flip us the bird and figure we don’t deserve Connor Bedard. 

They damn sure owe us one for Patrick though.

I got a crazy feeling the Flyers will win the lottery tonight. 

Blackhawks win draft lottery, will pick first in 2023 NHL Draft

2023_5_8_3d7a1a01-b647-47df-b145-0cb33df

What kind of player can Bedard become?

TSN.ca Staff
Published 

The Chicago Blackahwks won the 2023 NHL Draft Lottery on Monday night and will select first at the league’s annual draft in Nashville on June 28.

Chicago finished the season with a 26-49-7 record with 59 points giving them a 11.5 per cent chance at winning the lottery.

The Anaheim Ducks and Columbus Blue Jackets will draft No. 2 and No. 3 respectively.

The Ducks had the best chance of winning the lottery at 25.5 per cent after finishing with an NHL-worst 23-47-12 record with 58 points.

Regina Pats forward Connor Bedard is the projected No. 1 overall pick after an outstanding Western Hockey League season where he recorded 71 goals and 143 points in 57 games.

The North Vancouver, B.C., native has 134 goals and 271 points in 134 games in this three-season WHL career.

Bedard also helped Canada win two gold medals at the 2022 and 2023 World Junior Championship where he had 13 goals and 31 points in 14 games. He was named as the tournament's best forward and MVP in 2023.

The 5-foot-10 forward was ranked No. 1 in TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie's latest draft ranking with University of Michigan forward Adam Fantilli and United States National Development Program's Will Smith ranked No. 2 and 3, respectively.

Fantilli had 30 goals and 65 points in 36 NCAA games with Michigan en route to being named this year's Hobey Baker Award Winner.

The Nobleton, Ont., native also represented Canada at the 2023 World Juniors where he recorded two goals and five points in seven games and is representing his country at the IIHF World Championship later this week.

Smith recorded 51 goals and 127 points in 60 games in the USHL this season and has committed to play in the NCAA at Boston College next season.

2023 NHL Draft Lottery Results:

1. Chicago Blackhawks

2. Anaheim Ducks

3. Columbus Blue Jackets

4. San Jose Sharks

5. Montreal Canadiens

6. Arizona Coyotes

7. Philadelphia Flyers

8. Washington Capitals

9. Detroit Red Wings

10. St. Louis Blues

11. Vancouver Canucks

12. Arizona Coyotes (from Ottawa)

13. Buffalo Sabres

14. Pittsburgh Penguins

15. Nashville Predators

16. Calgary Flames

Edited by Brewin Flames
  • Annoyed 2

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I agree with @ruxpin .... there was never a doubt he was going to Chicago .....

The NHL should show the drawing of the balls live ....not in secret.

Nothing shady about this draw. I mean the ESPN guy reading off a script blundered and read the results before they even drew the 3rd ball LOL

Nothing sha

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

BUL L SH IT!!!

It is. I'm unconcerned that the flyers didn't move up. I swear.  But this is clearly the league deciding "we can't have that market suck."  No one will ever convince me after the couple years of New York market teams getting "lucky" and now Chicago.

It's rigged as hell and it's the ONLY reason we can't see the damn ping pong balls. It's simply utter crap.

• Good Post 2

Of course it was going to be these mohterfukcers, this was written all over the place. With no flips from 16 to 4, the obvious became crystal clear. The League won, once again.

• Like 1

Well...Bedard may be going to the Hawks, but it will be interesting to see if he has the stomach for a lengthy rebuild before he starts to whine about wanting to be elsewhere.

Chicago has a LOT, I mean, A LOT of holes in that lineup, and the division as a whole is pretty solid, so they may find their 'reconstruction' to not go as fast as when they first got Kane and Toews!

• Good Post 1

What a waste of time. Is there not another way to go about this? I'm not even that mad that the Flyers were supposed to draft between 4th and 6th, and ended up drafting 7th. There was not really any suspense to it at all. They might as well dress somebody up as the mighty and powerful Oz, behind the curtain. Teams basically.. went in almost the exact order they were supposed to for the most part, except the top 3.

6 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nothing shady about this draw. I mean the ESPN guy reading off a script blundered and read the results before they even drew the 3rd ball LOL

Nothing sha

Absolutely ****** riduculous **** ESPN show.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nothing sha

I noticed that in real time as well.  There is absolutely no doubt.

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It is. I'm unconcerned that the flyers didn't move up. I swear.  But this is clearly the league deciding "we can't have that market suck."  No one will ever convince me after the couple years of New York market teams getting "lucky" and now Chicago.

It's rigged as hell and it's the ONLY reason we can't see the damn ping pong balls. It's simply utter crap.

sadly, it's never going to happen for us, we have to build it another way.

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Get working those phones, Danny B...to trade for one of those top 2 picks.:beer:

I doubt any of the top 4 picks are moving.

I prefer Michkov and Carlsson to Fantilli myself. I just didn't like what i saw from Fantilli live lol

• Like 1

I am sure this Lottery was a legitimate as this good old scrap between Diesel and Rob Van Damme.....Wait, i mean vinnie Vegas and Robbie V

In fact, I think they NHL used Scott Steiner math to determine the odds

Edited by J0e Th0rnton